• 189(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi!

(2024-01-22, 07:29)Boulder Wrote: 1) Is it so that there is no sorting method for other items than movies?
2) Scraping multiple "new" shows seems to be impossible because the entries don't have any ids yet. Would it be possible to search for the title like when you select just one show to scrape? I have 97 entries in the list so it's quite cumbersome to go through them one by one.
3) When you have scraped a TV show and get all the data for the seasons and episodes, why does the Save functionality save only the selected item, like the top level entry, but not the changed episodes?
4) It would be useful to have a sync option in the right click menu for an item (TV show, movie etc.)

1) Yes. No specific reason, though. Was just never implemented.
2) When a TV show doesn't have an ID, MediaElch searches on the selected scraper's website using the TV show's title. It takes the first ("best") result.
3) Good question. The idea was that episodes and TV shows are independent. At least in the context of NFO files.
4) Sync as in: sync with file system (i.e. NFO file)?

(2024-01-23, 21:24)Boulder Wrote: Also, how do you update the ratings for episodes in one go? If you right click on the TV show and use Load information, it will not update them at least in the case where I have had to add the IMDb ID afterwards and set the scraper to use IMDb for ratings (for example in case of Sherlock Holmes (1984), which is split into different TV shows in IMDb). I have to use Load information episode by episode. Selecting multiple episodes and using Load information causes an error "Skipping show "%1" because it does not have a valid ID."
Did you by chance check the box "only update shows with an ID"?
I've fixed the message in https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1711 just now.

Regards,
Andre
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
(2024-01-24, 20:55)bugwelle Wrote: Hi!
(2024-01-22, 07:29)Boulder Wrote: 1) Is it so that there is no sorting method for other items than movies?
2) Scraping multiple "new" shows seems to be impossible because the entries don't have any ids yet. Would it be possible to search for the title like when you select just one show to scrape? I have 97 entries in the list so it's quite cumbersome to go through them one by one.
3) When you have scraped a TV show and get all the data for the seasons and episodes, why does the Save functionality save only the selected item, like the top level entry, but not the changed episodes?
4) It would be useful to have a sync option in the right click menu for an item (TV show, movie etc.)

1) Yes. No specific reason, though. Was just never implemented.
2) When a TV show doesn't have an ID, MediaElch searches on the selected scraper's website using the TV show's title. It takes the first ("best") result.
3) Good question. The idea was that episodes and TV shows are independent. At least in the context of NFO files.
4) Sync as in: sync with file system (i.e. NFO file)?
(2024-01-23, 21:24)Boulder Wrote: Also, how do you update the ratings for episodes in one go? If you right click on the TV show and use Load information, it will not update them at least in the case where I have had to add the IMDb ID afterwards and set the scraper to use IMDb for ratings (for example in case of Sherlock Holmes (1984), which is split into different TV shows in IMDb). I have to use Load information episode by episode. Selecting multiple episodes and using Load information causes an error "Skipping show "%1" because it does not have a valid ID."
Did you by chance check the box "only update shows with an ID"?
I've fixed the message in https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1711 just now.

Regards,
Andre
Thank you for the reply!

2) In this case, I had that "only with ID" checked. However, I tested now by removing the NFO files and images of two shows, reloaded TV shows and tried to scrape them. The TV show data itself is found and scraped, but the episodes remain without any data even if I had all episode infos apart from thumbnails selected.
Also, if that checkbox is unchecked and I use Load information on a show that has an ID, ME will treat it as it didn't have one..at least based on the log. I guess in this case it should either use the ID or search if no ID exists?
4) Sync with Kodi. I was a little worried that the "hard reset" way ME uses might mess with the "Latest added" information in Kodi, but looks like Kodi keeps track of what has already existed in the database. Nice work!

The additional question: yes, that checkbox was enabled. So that looks at the TV show id and not the episode id even if only episodes are selected?
(2024-01-24, 21:25)Boulder Wrote: 2) In this case, I had that "only with ID" checked. However, I tested now by removing the NFO files and images of two shows, reloaded TV shows and tried to scrape them. The TV show data itself is found and scraped, but the episodes remain without any data even if I had all episode infos apart from thumbnails selected.
Also, if that checkbox is unchecked and I use Load information on a show that has an ID, ME will treat it as it didn't have one..at least based on the log. I guess in this case it should either use the ID or search if no ID exists?
4) Sync with Kodi. I was a little worried that the "hard reset" way ME uses might mess with the "Latest added" information in Kodi, but looks like Kodi keeps track of what has already existed in the database. Nice work!

The additional question: yes, that checkbox was enabled. So that looks at the TV show id and not the episode id even if only episodes are selected?

2) Did you select multiple TV shows or just multiple episodes or a combination of both? If only TV shows (and no episode) are selected, only TV metadata is loaded. That's a current limitation. If you scrape each TV show alone, the "single TV show search dialog" has options to "load only new episodes".
4) Ah, be aware: I never use(d) that feature! The original MediaElch author implemented it and I only fixed one bug in the last 6 years. IMHO, this speaks for the stability of Kodi. Smile
5) Yes. It should be named better, but the checkbox requires that TV shows have an ID. There are scrapers that need TV shows to have an ID, even if there is an episode ID.

Regards,
Andre
(2024-01-24, 22:12)bugwelle Wrote:
(2024-01-24, 21:25)Boulder Wrote: 2) In this case, I had that "only with ID" checked. However, I tested now by removing the NFO files and images of two shows, reloaded TV shows and tried to scrape them. The TV show data itself is found and scraped, but the episodes remain without any data even if I had all episode infos apart from thumbnails selected.

2) Did you select multiple TV shows or just multiple episodes or a combination of both? If only TV shows (and no episode) are selected, only TV metadata is loaded. That's a current limitation. If you scrape each TV show alone, the "single TV show search dialog" has options to "load only new episodes".
4) Ah, be aware: I never use(d) that feature! The original MediaElch author implemented it and I only fixed one bug in the last 6 years. IMHO, this speaks for the stability of Kodi. Smile
5) Yes. It should be named better, but the checkbox requires that TV shows have an ID. There are scrapers that need TV shows to have an ID, even if there is an episode ID.

Regards,
Andre
2) I had two TV shows selected, with the list non-expanded so only the shows themselves were activated. I just found it odd that the search dialog has the Episode Details tab but then it has no meaning in this case?
5) Hmm. If the checkbox is enabled, loading information doesn't work even if the ID is there.

I will have to test loading the information when the TV show is selected. I tried it briefly on one TV show where for some reason IMDb IDs were missing from episodes and "Update TV show and all Episodes" did not fix it. Only "All episodes" did.. then I tried to remove the IMDb ID from one episode and tested the first case, then it worked Huh
I was able to once get the issue where the ids for an episode just didn't appear when scraping the show, but I couldn't find a way to reproduce it.

So I guess my final question is: is there a way to rescrape data like ratings or certification for episodes in one go? I like to do this a couple of times per year especially if I have more recent shows which change more often.
EDIT: one more final question.. if I select only the TV shows and use "Get watched status" in the sync, will it just pick up the watched status of the show or also all episodes? If the first one, it will screw things up in Kodi with the brute force sync method..
(2024-01-25, 07:04)Boulder Wrote: 2) I had two TV shows selected, with the list non-expanded so only the shows themselves were activated. I just found it odd that the search dialog has the Episode Details tab but then it has no meaning in this case?
5) Hmm. If the checkbox is enabled, loading information doesn't work even if the ID is there.

I will have to test loading the information when the TV show is selected. I tried it briefly on one TV show where for some reason IMDb IDs were missing from episodes and "Update TV show and all Episodes" did not fix it. Only "All episodes" did.. then I tried to remove the IMDb ID from one episode and tested the first case, then it worked Huh

2) Indeed. I've opened https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1714
5) Thanks for reporting. Which ID are you talking about (IMDb/TMDb/TheTvDb) and which scraper do you use? Smile

Boulder Wrote:So I guess my final question is: is there a way to rescrape data like ratings or certification for episodes in one go? I like to do this a couple of times per year especially if I have more recent shows which change more often.
EDIT: one more final question.. if I select only the TV shows and use "Get watched status" in the sync, will it just pick up the watched status of the show or also all episodes? If the first one, it will screw things up in Kodi with the brute force sync method..

final question: If I remember correctly, it should be enough to unselect all checkboxes except for "rating" and then scrape episodes.
final final question: Syncing is always all or nothing: all movies, TV shows _and_ episodes, etc.

Regars,
Andre
(2024-01-27, 18:41)bugwelle Wrote:
(2024-01-25, 07:04)Boulder Wrote: 2) I had two TV shows selected, with the list non-expanded so only the shows themselves were activated. I just found it odd that the search dialog has the Episode Details tab but then it has no meaning in this case?

2) Indeed. I've opened https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1714
5) Thanks for reporting. Which ID are you talking about (IMDb/TMDb/TheTvDb) and which scraper do you use? Smile
Boulder Wrote:So I guess my final question is: is there a way to rescrape data like ratings or certification for episodes in one go? I like to do this a couple of times per year especially if I have more recent shows which change more often.

final question: If I remember correctly, it should be enough to unselect all checkboxes except for "rating" and then scrape episodes.
final final question: Syncing is always all or nothing: all movies, TV shows _and_ episodes, etc.

Regars,
Andre
5) In this case, all IDs are there. So for example, TV show Red Dwarf. I have all the IDs in place for the show and for all episodes because I already have scraped them earlier. Then I select only the episodes of the first season, right click and select Load information. Leave the "Update only" checked and try to scrape something, and the complaint about the missing ID is there (Skipping show "%1" because it does not have a valid ID.) Looks like it doesn't find the show because the variable placeholder's there.

Final question: so does that apply even if I select only all TV shows and not also their individual episodes? So basically can I use CTRL+A to select all shows and then just scrape ratings for both the show and the episodes? Because I just tested it by removing the IMDb rating of one episode of a show, selected two shows (including the one where the changed episode is) and chose to scrape Rating for both the show and the episodes. Didn't bring the rating back No
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9