• 113(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
I think I thought about getting Rename to do that, but some people, like me, have custom set names for their Sets folders, so that would defeat the purpose slightly.

I could add an option to rename folders under the Root folder only, but that might get confusing adding another option in there. But it's a thought...
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I was thinking if a movie does not have a movie set designated for it, check to make sure it stays in or moved to the root folder and not under any other folder. Just as if a movie belonged to a movie set, it's moved to that movie set folder.
Yep, but, as i mentioned, what if the user has custom movie set names, not matching theMovieDb set name?
for example. I have my sets named Set - Star Trek with each movie in sub folders under this.
Where as, TMDB has the set name as Star Trek Collection

I think I can fit one more option within the groupbox of Renaming. Maybe Create folder under root Movie folder if not is a Set

Maybe your right and I'm over-thinking this. OK. Will look into the renaming Folder function. But it will be only active by manual selecting Rename Folder or Folder and Movie.
Media Companion Dev.
Hey Vbat
Regarding the prior post I have custom set names to just fyi, I dont use the renamer but i think many people have custom set names.
ok on to the issue.
Found a weird bug with the genre editor, for some reason science-fiction is not selected in the check box list when I right click genres field for a show that has science-fiction it is never checked ?
@noodlenoggan & @ztrust
For the renaming, I've added a option to MC. Create Folder under Root Folder if not in a Movie Set
Much cleaner, and won't affect other users.

@ztrust
Regarding that entry, double check the spelling and extra characters. From your example you have a hyphen between Science and Fiction. You'd have to add science-fiction to a custom genre.txt file if you wish to keep the hyphen.

But if that's not the case, then might need to get a copy of that video's nfo to have a look at.
Media Companion Dev.
hey Vbat
I havent tested movies but this is for tvshows and and its the tvshow.nfo and im pretty sure the error is not on my side its freshly scraped tvshow and its for all where there is a genre science-fiction but once I have manually selected it again it stays
ok just checked it looks like you are correct the problem being they are scraped from TVDB as science-fiction Wink
how come MC list genre Science fiction from tmdb as sci-fi ? is this internal to mc the genres listed on tmdb is science fiction
vbat,

Awesome! But just to clarify myself. What I'm asking for should not affect what is currently already there in MC. Custom or TMDB assigned movie sets are fine and great. Instead, this is the reversal. By setting the movie Set to -None- and then saving the change for a particular movie, MC should move that movie to the root folder of where that movie resides. I think your method works too but wouldn't just removing the movie set setting be more simpler?

One more request somewhat relating to the above request. Scan and Remove empty folders. Let's continue with the Chinese Zodiac movie example. When it's moved out of it's movie set folder, that set folder will be empty. Would be great to have a check mark in the Movie Preferences area to scan and remove empty folders. This can be processed the next time you press the Refresh button.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
(2014-10-23, 11:20)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
I havent tested movies but this is for tvshows and and its the tvshow.nfo and im pretty sure the error is not on my side its freshly scraped tvshow and its for all where there is a genre science-fiction but once I have manually selected it again it stays
ok just checked it looks like you are correct the problem being they are scraped from TVDB as science-fiction Wink
how come MC list genre Science fiction from tmdb as sci-fi ? is this internal to mc the genres listed on tmdb is science fiction
The Master genre list was created from TheMovieDb, then on request, cloned over to TvShows. So it seems TheTvDb has slightly different Genre listings. I'll see if I can get a full list from TVDB and add it to the Master Genre List.
Alternatively, create a text file in your settings folder called genre.txt and add custom Genre's. One Genre per line.

(2014-10-23, 16:32)noodlenoggan Wrote: vbat,

Awesome! But just to clarify myself. What I'm asking for should not affect what is currently already there in MC. Custom or TMDB assigned movie sets are fine and great. Instead, this is the reversal. By setting the movie Set to -None- and then saving the change for a particular movie, MC should move that movie to the root folder of where that movie resides. I think your method works too but wouldn't just removing the movie set setting be more simpler?

One more request somewhat relating to the above request. Scan and Remove empty folders. Let's continue with the Chinese Zodiac movie example. When it's moved out of it's movie set folder, that set folder will be empty. Would be great to have a check mark in the Movie Preferences area to scan and remove empty folders. This can be processed the next time you press the Refresh button.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Yes, the option is off by default. Selecting the new option will ensure during Folder Renaming, if the movie(s) are not in a set, will have the new folder created in the Root folder. Otherwise, if they are in sub folder within a sub folder in the root folder, just the folder will be renamed.
Confusing to explain.

Also, the empty folder(s) will be removed.
IE:
Code:
G:\Movies\Die Hard Collection\Die Hard\Die Hard.mkv
If you remove the movie from the Die Hard Collection and rename the Movie's folder Manually, you will get
Code:
G:\Movies\Die Hard\Die Hard.mkv
If Die Hard is the only movie in the collection folder, then the folder Die Hard Collection will be removed in the process
Media Companion Dev.
tvdb genres
tmdb genres
Thanks. Already had the TMDB Genre's. Will add the TVDB genre's to master list
Media Companion Dev.
Hey, Rob.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. The missing episodes problem is fixed in the last version you sent. Thanks. Have you give any thought to the possibility of selecting multiple items in TV. Thought it would be easier to mark shows as watched, for example. Also, what about an indicator somewhere that shows a show's watched status. Thanks again and looking forward to the next release.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2014-10-24, 22:38)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. The missing episodes problem is fixed in the last version you sent. Thanks. Have you give any thought to the possibility of selecting multiple items in TV. Thought it would be easier to mark shows as watched, for example. Also, what about an indicator somewhere that shows a show's watched status. Thanks again and looking forward to the next release.

Multi-selecting Tv Shows isn't viable. You can select a single episode as watched, a Season or the whole show.

As for an indicator for watched/unwatched, I'll have a look to see what options are available to us.
Media Companion Dev.
DVD Order:
Is it possible to set DVD order for an individual TV Show, or even a single season of a show? Even if it is manually, within the NFO, it would be helpful.

NFO: critical XML tag update required:
I've struggled with this issue for weeks (over the "Transporter - The Series" show) and finally found the solution. Unfortunately documentation for this is severely lacking in Kodi/XBMC's NFO wikis as well as for the trakt add-on and TVDb information.

Please update MC to save the <uniqueid></uniqueid> tag in the NFO files.
This should hold TVDb's episode id for each episode.

note bold-underline here from TVDb episode URL:
.../?tab=episode&seriesid=248962&seasonid=467947&id=4143191&lid=7

This assures that the proper episode is scrobbled by the trakt add-on (instead of just season and episode number), and it is critical to have in the NFO file when a show is not in TVDb's "default" aired order.

The Kodi/XBMC, Trakt and TVDb folks need to make sure this information is readily available as well.

Thanks for your great work!
DVD Order is possible for the Tv Show, but not per Season.
Scrape the Show without episodes having been scraped.
Once in MC's Tv Shows - Main Browser tab, change the Sort Order from default to DVD.
Now Scrape the episodes, and they will be in DVD order.

Regarding the <uniqueid>, I will look at adding that to each Episode's nfo. Perfectly reasonable request.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

Awesome. Thank you very much!
This will help me (and I'm sure many others) in cleaning up some of my shows, and issues I've run into.

P.S.
In regard to the DVD order... Doh! All I was finding was the global setting for DVD order. Thanks!
Being able to do that as season level may be helpful for some folks.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10