• 2(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2012-04-18, 16:21)steve1977 Wrote: That's the part that I wanted to challenge. Bringing in a full music tagger with ID3 tags is so much work that I would not suggest MC to go this route. There are plenty of others out and getting this right will indeed take ages.

What I was suggesting i something much simpler only focusing on artists rather than albums or even tracks.

Thoughts?
Personally, I would like to see music added to MC, and I would LOVE to undertake the project; it would really culminate a range of interests for me, and be a very satisfying challenge! But, in all reality, who's got the time?! MC takes a lot of our time to maintain as it is, and we are all volunteers as is the nature of open-source! And I think it would need to be a team effort to make it float.
So, I'm saying all or nothing!
BUT, I hear what your saying about something simpler than a full-blown music manager
(2012-04-18, 21:46)bry- Wrote: For music use mediamonkey. Very powerful app. Tags, renames, organizes.
I used MediaMonkey once, but it confused the hell out of me! I just wanted to do something simple quickly but only got halfway and gave up! I've tried several music managers but ended up keeping none of them. My vision of music for MC is simplicity, ie. point to media, find what info is available from 'net, allow some tweaking, with a few other options like renaming. Much like MC is at the moment!
Whaddaya reckon?! (Being aware that this is some time in the future!)
(2012-04-18, 21:37)jwdempsey Wrote: Does Media Companion support automatic scrapping of new TV shows (not just new episodes) via command line?
No, it doesn't.
I'm a bit undecided on the feasibility of this one. On the one hand, Media Companion (or more correctly, TheTVDb API) has become fairly good at selecting the correct show first time, but there is the occasion that some user correction is required.
So what I am saying is, yes, it would be possible to do so, but is it worth the aggravation of increased number of posts complaining about how mc_com doesn't select the correct show every time*! At least using the GUI allows the user to do so before scraping all the wrong episodes.

(*Answer: no!)
Good to know. Thank you.
Hey

Just a quick question regarding movie sets.

I went to the table view to batch tag all movies into sets. However those movies which did not belong to a set had -none- tagged into .nfo.
Now in my XBMC library I have 100's of movies put into a set marked -none-.

Is there a way to remove these tags without individually editing the .nfo as that will be way too laborious!

BTW, the latest release is the nuts! great program people, keep up the great great great work!

Thanks in advance for any help offered!
Oh no - this has raised it's ugly head again! I'll have a look at it in the days to come, and see if I can suggest something.
Failing that, I will put in a tool that goes over all the NFO's and fix it up
Now don't go thinking you're special! Wink - I recently discovered that the NFO doesn't update its media info when I upgrade or change a media file, so I want to do something similar anyway!
(2012-04-27, 22:45)HueyHq Wrote: Oh no - this has raised it's ugly head again! I'll have a look at it in the days to come, and see if I can suggest something.

I've only been using MC for a short while, so only really just discovered functionality and great use of the Table view! I didn't realise this had previously caused an issue, so I dont feel so worried now!

Quote:Failing that, I will put in a tool that goes over all the NFO's and fix it up

That'd be great. Thanks for this! Could you not just add a blank section on the drop down list as the default which means that this is overlooked when tagging the sets?

Quote:Now don't go thinking you're special! Wink

Damn it! So you're telling me my mother lied to me all my childhood! I'm going to have to have words!
He he, I'm glad you have a good sense of humour! Big Grin
(2012-04-28, 00:03)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: That'd be great. Thanks for this! Could you not just add a blank section on the drop down list as the default which means that this is overlooked when tagging the sets?
This "-None-" is fairly in-grained in the code, I think it would be a mission to change it now! OR, I can fix the problem. Still doesn't help with the mistake already made, so will probably still have to 'sweep' all the NFOs.
(2012-04-28, 03:34)HueyHq Wrote: He he, I'm glad you have a good sense of humour! Big Grin

Life's too serious at times. How shit would it be if we couldn't even have a laugh at our own expense at times hey!

Quote:This "-None-" is fairly in-grained in the code, I think it would be a mission to change it now! OR, I can fix the problem. Still doesn't help with the mistake already made, so will probably still have to 'sweep' all the NFOs.

Fair play! I wouldn't even begin to describe my knowledge of what you guys do as informed!

As far as I am concerned it's white magic! I'm just glad you are able to do what you do and are thus able to solve this!

Muchos credit to you sir!

(2012-04-28, 08:06)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Fair play! I wouldn't even begin to describe my knowledge of what you guys do as informed!
As far as I am concerned it's white magic! I'm just glad you are able to do what you do and are thus able to solve this!
Muchos credit to you sir!
Don't worry, it's all magic to me too! I'm just a hacker who thinks computers should do what we tell 'em to do! Just sometimes they happen to be very obstinate!
Oh, and don't thank me yet - I haven't done it yet!
(2012-04-28, 08:19)HueyHq Wrote: Oh, and don't thank me yet - I haven't done it yet!

I have faith dude! No rush either. At least I've spotted it now! At first I thought I'd lost half my library!

Hi guys, first of all. Thank you a lot for all the work on this program. I recently switched to version 3.5 and had it scan all my tv shows. Every time I add an episode now however, XBMC doesn't scrape it when I update the library. Is this a known bug?
Even if MC doesn't scrape it and create the nfo, xbmc should still scrape it using the scraper you selected when you set the folder up. Maybe you should change the scraper in xbmc...
(2012-04-29, 09:03)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Even if MC doesn't scrape it and create the nfo, xbmc should still scrape it using the scraper you selected when you set the folder up. Maybe you should change the scraper in xbmc...
MC scrapes it just fine. I use the xbmc scraper. However, when I press update library or scan for new content, the files don't get picked up. I checked and they are in the right folder. If I delete the database and redownload everything, it works fine. In fact, I shouldn't even have to give the command to update the library, because Sickbeard sends a notification to XBMC.
(2012-04-27, 20:18)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Hey

Just a quick question regarding movie sets.

I went to the table view to batch tag all movies into sets. However those movies which did not belong to a set had -none- tagged into .nfo.
Now in my XBMC library I have 100's of movies put into a set marked -none-.

Is there a way to remove these tags without individually editing the .nfo as that will be way too laborious!

BTW, the latest release is the nuts! great program people, keep up the great great great work!

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Hi TH3 MOL3

I know HueyHQ has replied to you on this, and a note to HueyHQ, I just tested this with MC3.500, going into Table view, setting a couple of Movies to the set 'Onemore' (dummy set).

Added this to XBMC and only the three movies I put into 'Onemore', were in a set. All other movies stayed in the root list of movies, ie: no movie was in a set '-none-.

I also checked the nfo's and no movie had <set>-none-</set> tag.

What I did notice, is Table View can put a movie into a set, but not removed from a set. ie: changed Puss In Boots into 'Onemore' set, clicked 'Save Changes' and changed to Main Browser. Puss In Boots now in 'Onemore' Set.

Switch back to Table View, and change Puss In Boots to -none- and click Save Changes, switch back to Main Browser and still set to 'Onemore' set. Back to Table View and also still set to 'Onemore'.

In Main Browser I can select -none- and save and it sticks. Also confirmed that the line <set>Onemore</set> is removed, not changed to <set>-none-</set>

Sorry, I couldn't reproduce the issue. I know StormyKnight solved this or a similar issue, #movie set -none-

PS, A tool to correct the nfo's would be brilliant. Good idea HueyHQ.

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2012-04-29, 02:27)AgeOfPanic Wrote: Hi guys, first of all. Thank you a lot for all the work on this program. I recently switched to version 3.5 and had it scan all my tv shows. Every time I add an episode now however, XBMC doesn't scrape it when I update the library. Is this a known bug?
So, you are using Sickbeard to add episodes? Do you have Sickbeard post-processing metadata for XBMC? If so, XBMC will pick up the .nfo file regardless of what is in it. Any changes to that made by MC won't get importied again by XBMC.

I don't use Sickbeard, and so I'm only guessing here - vbat99 might have more of an idea.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10