• 7(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
No need to apologize at all! I will try to go through and remove all the youtube references and try again. Thanks!
Huey,

Looks like I'm going to have to leave this one to the professionals Smile I removed the reference to the youtube addon that was causing issues and was able to get MC launching correctly, however I am still getting an error when I try to search for new movies. MC kicks out an error saying:

Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
Code:
URL http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&query=Scooby-Doo%20and%20the%20Robots+2011&language=en

And then MC crashes. I tried to enter this URL directly in my browser and it fails. XBMC works fine though, and that's where I copied the tmdb folder from?

I think it has something to do with how it's parsing the URL. I removed the "amp" parts of the URL and entered it into my browser and tmdb returned a valid movie file with all the details. I tried to remove the "amp" bit in the xml file but then MC couldn't compile the code. Something goofy definitely going on.

I'm just guessing here, but it appears that MC is passing on the full on xml file url as a text string, including the "&" text. However, "&" is suppossed to be converted to a simple ampersand sign in the URL. The xml file has to have & otherwise it won't compile (because & is a native symbol in xml) but for some reason this conversion is not taking place when building the URL.

Interestingly, the IMDB scraper does not have any & references in it.
I have just noticed that when i run the mc_com.exe as batch to update new movies, it doesn't work with video_ts dvd folders.

If i scrape the same folders within the program it works fine but the batch file creates nfo's and tbn's etc for every vob file within the folder. Some even have random movie information in.

I have set the movie preferences to use folder names for scrapes etc but that hasn't helped.

Is it the way that file is set up? i would like to use it in a schedule to scrape new movies from couchpotato.

I can't find any dvd preferences in this latest version.

thanks
Is there a way for MC to append the filenames of ALL movies in your collection to include the source, so that xbmc can display the propper dvd/bluray/divix/3D bluray cases in the library.

Basically I need to rename, for example ' topgun.mkv ' to ' topgun bluray.mkv ' or to ' topgun dvd.mkv ' (whichever video source the file uses)

I have since began renaming my new movies but having a problem getting existing movies renamed easily. Trying to take advantage of certin skins being able to recognize the video source without having to manually rename 1000+ of them.

Thanks..
Great program BTW!

Is there some setting that controls resizing of posters when downloading? I can't seem to find it, but it appears that movie posters that I select that are 1000x1500 are saved at 500x750. And the auto scraping seems to get even smaller ones. I'd like to get as large as one possible.
(2012-08-03, 20:32)johnmerrick Wrote: I have just noticed that when i run the mc_com.exe as batch to update new movies, it doesn't work with video_ts dvd folders.

If i scrape the same folders within the program it works fine but the batch file creates nfo's and tbn's etc for every vob file within the folder. Some even have random movie information in.

I have set the movie preferences to use folder names for scrapes etc but that hasn't helped.

Is it the way that file is set up? i would like to use it in a schedule to scrape new movies from couchpotato.

I can't find any dvd preferences in this latest version.

thanks
This issue came into play in versions 3.501b to 3.503b, and is now fixed in 3.504b and later.

As for auto scheduling froim couch potato, that depends on if your running couchpotato on Windows.

Create a post processing script to call mc_com.exe with -m. ie: c:\MC 3.505b\mc_com.exe -m. Note directory may differ depending where you've put the latest Media Companion.

I use this for Sickbeard as I didn't like the nfo sickbeard created, as well as MC gathered the media info for each video it scanned.

Quick google got me this link, hope it helps.
Couch Potatoe - Forums - Extra scripts

(2012-08-03, 22:09)jamesk9 Wrote: Is there a way for MC to append the filenames of ALL movies in your collection to include the source, so that xbmc can display the propper dvd/bluray/divix/3D bluray cases in the library.

Basically I need to rename, for example ' topgun.mkv ' to ' topgun bluray.mkv ' or to ' topgun dvd.mkv ' (whichever video source the file uses)

I have since began renaming my new movies but having a problem getting existing movies renamed easily. Trying to take advantage of certin skins being able to recognize the video source without having to manually rename 1000+ of them.

Thanks..
Great program BTW!
I wish there was an easy way to deal with this, but MC would have to be able to decide what video files was DVD and what is Bluray. And with some may BdRips, resolutions etc, that won't be easy to impliment.

I would suggest having two movie source directories, one for DVD and other for Bluray, and using something like Bulk Rename Utility to append bluray to all files withing bluray folder, and DVD to the files in DVD folder.

It'd be faster and simpler to maintain for future files.

This way, MC can scrape the files, you add BLURAY at the end of the filename, but before the suffix, ie: .mkv and refresh MC and all would work well.

Just a thought.

Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2012-08-05, 20:32)KeithLM Wrote: Is there some setting that controls resizing of posters when downloading? I can't seem to find it, but it appears that movie posters that I select that are 1000x1500 are saved at 500x750. And the auto scraping seems to get even smaller ones. I'd like to get as large as one possible.

Yes, this is a known issue when changing posters from TheMovieDB. Something isn't parsing we want full size posters sent to us.

I am looking into this area, as currently on first scrape from TheMovieDB, it gets full-size, but not afterwards.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2012-07-27, 21:25)trpltongue Wrote: ...
I think it has something to do with how it's parsing the URL. I removed the "amp" parts of the URL and entered it into my browser and tmdb returned a valid movie file with all the details. I tried to remove the "amp" bit in the xml file but then MC couldn't compile the code. Something goofy definitely going on.

I'm just guessing here, but it appears that MC is passing on the full on xml file url as a text string, including the "&" text. However, "&" is suppossed to be converted to a simple ampersand sign in the URL. The xml file has to have & otherwise it won't compile (because & is a native symbol in xml) but for some reason this conversion is not taking place when building the URL.

Interestingly, the IMDB scraper does not have any & references in it.
You are probably correct, altho' I am surprised as there are sanitising functions of all types within MC. It may be that whatever is parsed by the external scrapers is used as-is by MC.
I think it may be time to update the scrapers as you suggest; I'll try have something in place before the next release (maybe two or three weeks?).
(2012-08-03, 22:09)jamesk9 Wrote: Is there a way for MC to append the filenames of ALL movies in your collection to include the source, so that xbmc can display the propper dvd/bluray/divix/3D bluray cases in the library.

Thanks..
Great program BTW!
Hi James,

A while ago somebody asked for something like this.
I've implemented the ability to add this to the NFO file as the <videosource> tag, which I believed, at the time, was used by XBMC. Turns out this was not the case, and I may have been looking at some very old documentation.

My point is, you can tell MC what the source is, but it doesn't really do anything with it!
So you can add the source from a drop-down box for each movie in the main screen, or en masse by using the table view. The drop-down list is also customisable in advanced preferences, I think, from memory.

There is also a rename function but I'm fairly sure that it only triggers while scraping.

So what I think is the proposal, is to be able to add the source 'tag' to the rename template, and then allow the user to execute that. Does this sound about right? I don't know about what XBMC does as I don't use those features. Also bear in mind that all files will be renamed as per the template provided.
There are probably some other small idiosyncrasies to deal with as well! Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Huey

[EDIT: the rename tags currently allowed are movie title, year, IMDbID, premiere date, rating, and runtime - are there any others you would like to see other than the source?]
(2012-08-06, 02:04)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 20:32)KeithLM Wrote: Is there some setting that controls resizing of posters when downloading? I can't seem to find it, but it appears that movie posters that I select that are 1000x1500 are saved at 500x750. And the auto scraping seems to get even smaller ones. I'd like to get as large as one possible.

Yes, this is a known issue when changing posters from TheMovieDB. Something isn't parsing we want full size posters sent to us.

I am looking into this area, as currently on first scrape from TheMovieDB, it gets full-size, but not afterwards.

OK, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for updates.
(2012-07-25, 22:33)trpltongue Wrote: It looks like the XBMC-TMDB scraper is broken in the newest release. I've been trying to scrape "Scooby-Doo and the Robots" which is not listed in IMDB, but is listed in TMDB and every time I try using the TMDB scraper the program hangs and needs to close. XBMC-IMDB scraper works, but doesn't return the correct movie. I'll put a note in the codeplex site as well. I really do appreciate all the work you guys are putting into this!
The latest release (MC3.506b) has a fix for this.
Im using media companion latest stable version to scrape my tv shows, but it refuses to scrape them in spanish even if i already selected the languaje in tvdb languaje selector, and i already checked that they are actually available in spanish in tvdb.com, game of thrones is available in spanish and cant get it in M.C.,,,
BTW older versions let me change a tv series name like game of thrones to "juego de tronos" so it can be displayed in spanish in xbmc, this version doesnt allow me to change anything in a tv serie name and of course can't save it.
thanks foy any help!
Hi

Had the same problem as trptongue when scraping with TMDB scraper, this is fixed in 3.506b but now im having another problem with filename that has dots? example "the.tigger.movie.mkv" fails and if i rename the file to "the tigger movie.mkv" its works?

best regards
cmekki
Would having the trailer link in the nfo and also a local trailer, stop a trailer from playing? Some of mine are not playing and some are.

Also, do you have to refresh the movie in XBMC for the trailer to be recognised?
(2012-08-29, 10:54)johnmerrick Wrote: Would having the trailer link in the nfo and also a local trailer, stop a trailer from playing? Some of mine are not playing and some are.

Also, do you have to refresh the movie in XBMC for the trailer to be recognised?

I was having this problem with local trailers, and discovered it was skin specific. On digging further I discovered that some skins do not like commas in the movie folder name. All my movies starting with "The" for example, were named, "Movie name, The". When looking at the logs, some skins were stopping at the comma (Neon skins and variants for example).
I got around this by renaming all folders to remove commas, and then using metadata to allow them to still display with commas in XBMC.

This may not be your problem, but you never know Smile

Jason.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10