• 6(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
I believe the issue is with having the year in the show name.

TheTVdb lists some shows with years, to identify between different shows, or remake shows.

See "Castle" and "Castle 2009".

Can you try and remove the year from a couple of Tv Shows and see if they scrape correctly?

Id hazzard a guess that once the show is scraped correctly, you could add the year back into the folder name. BUT, you will have to remove the folder from MC, and then add it back in. Then MC will find the 'tvshow.xml' file and all will be fine.

Let us know your results.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
This sounds like a good candidate for a feature request! Wink
I think MC could parse the folder name but remove the year for feeding to TheTVDb API unless there is ambiguity. In theory, this shouldn't take long, but I've still got an outstanding issue for vbat99 to fix first! (Sorry fella, but I really have had no time to get to it... but I haven't forgotten!!Undecided)
It's alright, I know you're as busy as I am around the house. SleepyRofl

Seems it would be best to test without the year, then if get multiply hits, look for or search again with the year.

Good to see ya still hangin around the forums Smile
Media Companion Dev.
(2012-07-16, 01:45)vbat99 Wrote: I believe the issue is with having the year in the show name.

TheTVdb lists some shows with years, to identify between different shows, or remake shows.

See "Castle" and "Castle 2009".

Can you try and remove the year from a couple of Tv Shows and see if they scrape correctly?

Id hazzard a guess that once the show is scraped correctly, you could add the year back into the folder name. BUT, you will have to remove the folder from MC, and then add it back in. Then MC will find the 'tvshow.xml' file and all will be fine.

Let us know your results.
I will try this some time this week when I have more spare time, and will get back to you.
(2012-07-16, 02:36)HueyHq Wrote: This sounds like a good candidate for a feature request! Wink
I think MC could parse the folder name but remove the year for feeding to TheTVDb API unless there is ambiguity. In theory, this shouldn't take long, but I've still got an outstanding issue for vbat99 to fix first! (Sorry fella, but I really have had no time to get to it... but I haven't forgotten!!Undecided)
That would be great. Thanks. Take your time, I can wait.
(2012-07-16, 03:08)vbat99 Wrote: It's alright, I know you're as busy as I am around the house. SleepyRofl

Seems it would be best to test without the year, then if get multiply hits, look for or search again with the year.

Good to see ya still hangin around the forums Smile
I think the smartest is to search without the year, and then if it gets multiple hits let the user choose manually or choose the first or smartest choice. That way you can manually edit the right tvshow in there, instead of having no way of MC'ing the tvshow, because it gets deleted in an error.
Hello,

I usually download HD trailers for all of my movies from Youtube, and place each next to the movie file, with the appropriate XBMC naming convention (<movie name>-trailer.ext). How can I make MC, when it is scraping new movies, recognize the trailer file as a trailer? It always says "No trailer found" for all of my movies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2012-07-17, 01:10)bsoriano Wrote: Hello,

I usually download HD trailers for all of my movies from Youtube, and place each next to the movie file, with the appropriate XBMC naming convention (<movie name>-trailer.ext). How can I make MC, when it is scraping new movies, recognize the trailer file as a trailer? It always says "No trailer found" for all of my movies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
I'm probably not the best person to answer your question as I don't use trailers at all, but I copied a random .flv to next to a movie, renamed the .flv the same as the movie, and ensured that was appended with "-trailer.flv".
MC picked it up when I started it, and changed the trailer button to "Play trailer". Already, I was surprised by this! Clicking the button even played the trailer!
I did not have either of the trailer options in 'General Options' checked.
I hit the 'Save' button to update the .nfo file but unfortunately, it saved a link to a web trailer and not the local trailer. I'm not sure where to go from here.
It is important to note that MC currently only supports .flv trailers, as far as I can gather from the code.
One feature I'd like to see added would be to be able to right click on a movie and choose to scrape from themoviedb. I've had a few movies in the past that don't seem to be on imdb and have had to manually get the fanart etc from themoviedb.

Would be nice to have a right click option to do this for me.
(2012-07-17, 06:49)HueyHq Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
I'm probably not the best person to answer your question as I don't use trailers at all, but I copied a random .flv to next to a movie, renamed the .flv the same as the movie, and ensured that was appended with "-trailer.flv".
MC picked it up when I started it, and changed the trailer button to "Play trailer". Already, I was surprised by this! Clicking the button even played the trailer!
I hit the 'Save' button to update the .nfo file but unfortunately, it saved a link to a web trailer and not the local trailer. I'm not sure where to go from here.
It is important to note that MC currently only supports .flv trailers, as far as I can gather from the code.

Thanks a lot! Supporting only flv trailers explains my issue, since all of my trailers are mp4. I will post an issue in Codeplex.

Regards,

Bart
(2012-07-19, 23:50)bsoriano Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 06:49)HueyHq Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks a lot! Supporting only flv trailers explains my issue, since all of my trailers are mp4. I will post an issue in Codeplex.

Regards,

Bart
FYI, just rename the trailer from MP4 to FLV, and it'll work, though trailer needs to be named same as the video file, with "-trailer" before the .FLV
Media Companion Dev.
It looks like the XBMC-TMDB scraper is broken in the newest release. I've been trying to scrape "Scooby-Doo and the Robots" which is not listed in IMDB, but is listed in TMDB and every time I try using the TMDB scraper the program hangs and needs to close. XBMC-IMDB scraper works, but doesn't return the correct movie. I'll put a note in the codeplex site as well. I really do appreciate all the work you guys are putting into this!
(2012-07-25, 22:33)trpltongue Wrote: It looks like the XBMC-TMDB scraper is broken in the newest release. I've been trying to scrape "Scooby-Doo and the Robots" which is not listed in IMDB, but is listed in TMDB and every time I try using the TMDB scraper the program hangs and needs to close. XBMC-IMDB scraper works, but doesn't return the correct movie. I'll put a note in the codeplex site as well. I really do appreciate all the work you guys are putting into this!
It may be a long shot, but have you tried updating the XBMC scraper in the MC Assets folder? I'm not terribly au fait with that side of MC, and in all honesty it is mostly MC at fault in these situations, but I reckon that should be the first thing to try. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think you can copy the files directly from the XBMC install.
If it DOES work, by some miracle, could you please let me know as the scraper will need updating in the MC distribution.
Cheers!
Huey, there are a number of different folders that reference MC in the "Assets" folder. If you have any guidance on what specific files to copy I'd be more than happy to give it a shot.
(2012-07-26, 17:49)trpltongue Wrote: Huey, there are a number of different folders that reference MC in the "Assets" folder. If you have any guidance on what specific files to copy I'd be more than happy to give it a shot.
Yeah, mate, I thought you would ask! Wink
If you go to your XBMC install and grab the metadata.themoviedb.org (at ..\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org), you can copy that directly to MC\Assets\scrapers, over-writing the existing files.
One thing to watch out for is accidentally grabbing the 'common' folder, ie. metadata.common.themoviedb.org - I just did it myself! Confused But in saying that, it probably wouldn't hurt to update those while you're at it.
I really should be doing this myself but I just don't have enough time, so any help from the users of MC is HUGELY appreciated! So thank you!
I tried copying the metadata.themoviedb.org folder and MC gave an error about not having a required addon plugin.video.youtube with the following error:

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Media_Companion.RequiredAddonNotFound: Required addon not found: plugin.video.youtube
at Media_Companion.Scraper.BuildXmlWithRequiredAddons(ScraperManager manager, Boolean allowMissingRequirements)
at Media_Companion.ScraperManager.LoadScrapers(String baseDirectory)
at Media_Companion.ScraperManager..ctor(String baseDirectory)
at Media_Companion.Form1.util_ConfigLoad()
at Media_Companion.Form1.util_PrefsLoad()
at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.4
Win32 Version: 3.5.0.4
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
NfoLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/NfoLibrary.DLL
ProtoXML
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/ProtoXML.DLL
TvdbScrapper
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/TvdbScrapper.DLL
Common
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/Common.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Tasks
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/Tasks.DLL
Utilites
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Data/Downloaded%20programs/MediaCompanion/MediaCompanion3.504b/MediaCompanion3.504b/Utilites.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

So I clicked "continue" to go ahead and launch MC and none of my movies were showing in the browser and none of my movie folders were listed. So, I added 1 of my movie folders and did a "quick refresh". Unfortunately none of the movies (which all have valid nfo's) showed up. So then I tried to "search for new movies" and MC crashed.
You know what, I went thru that too, now that you've jogged my memory!
I went thru and removed all the references to YouTube (and something else, I think) from the moviedb files, to get it working again. This was after first adding the YouTube scrapers which was in my download, but that didn't work out as well, or at all.

You've highlighted the fact that we are going to have to fix this at our end so it can be rolled out to the users. Dammit! I see that the YouTube plug-in has an 'optional' flag so it may be a case of getting MC to honour that. I apologise for taking care of my own dev needs and for not passing on the fix!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10