(2013-06-12 21:13)Kurosau Wrote: I've got a quick question. I've reviewed the documentation and I've searched through this thread and the last one looking for an answer but I wasn't able to find once, hence why I'm here.
When I do a Search New on my library to pickup the titles that haven't yet been scraped, I find that several of the items on my list error out stating that they can't be found on TMDB. Is there a way to get MC to prompt me when it finds an object it can't identify, so I can manually identify the film and have it scrape it properly? Or just a way I can add the raw item into the library so I can scrape it using the MC tools?
From your post I see your using XBMC TMDB scraper in Media Companion.
TMDB is very sensitive to mis-spelt/grammar issue causing it to not identity the correct movie.
What is needed is to log what movies are not scraped. We do not want to pause the auto-scraping of movies while attempting to change one movie, at a time.
With the built-in IMDB scraper, errors are almost non-existent as we use Google to auto-correct movie titles before we get the IMDB id from the results. It still gives the odd miss-match, but its almost 98% accurate.
Now, with movies that can't be found on IMDB, we have the Genre field set to "Problem" and its very simple to filter out which movies didn't scrape correctly, and the user can manually 'Change Movie" (now either by IMDB or TMDB), or they can use Explorer to change the title of the video file and 'Search New' again.
With this in minds, it should be possible to log "problem" in Genre field for movies not found, when scraping with XBMC TMDB scraper.
And I'm currently working in this scraper function in MC, adding Movie Rename and download Actor Images, including when you 'Change Movie' by TMDB. So I'll look into some sort of error catching, creating an empty nfo.
Can't promise it'll be ready for the next release, but should be in for the following one.