Win XBMC freezes on startup
Hi guys I'm having the same issue on a Samsung laptop connected via HDMI to my Sony Sound Theatre -> Samsung TV. It seems random and although I can alt-tab to windows, task manager is frozen and the machine will only reboot with a hard reboot (hold power button down).

Last entry in log is also around

11:10:24 T:2544 DEBUG: CRemoteControl::Connect - connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...
11:10:25 T:2544 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
11:10:25 T:2544 INFO: CRemoteControl:Tonguerocess - failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds

Is there any way to disable this? - Not sure if it's the problem as I see the same error on a good log but it carries on

http://pastebin.com/GuLq90ay

Any clues?
For info here is a working log for comparison

http://pastebin.com/AKecDcYS
HI all
i had them same issue
it is related to virtual drive (in my case using UltraISO)
to solve it is not enough to un mount the drive you have to disable completely (so it will not appear as CD drive on window explorer)
go to you program setting and change number of virtual drive to 0
I've since moved to Frodo Alpha 6 which has been fine. But I was running a virtual cd app before when I had the issue... could have been the problem
(2012-11-03, 09:59)dvirl Wrote: HI all
i had them same issue
it is related to virtual drive (in my case using UltraISO)
to solve it is not enough to un mount the drive you have to disable completely (so it will not appear as CD drive on window explorer)
go to you program setting and change number of virtual drive to 0
unfortunately it is not virtual drive issue. You get that clue because you reset your machine and launch XBMC. Nod
I did the same, but after while XBMC didn't start again.

I did recovery lately (my laptop was in service) and I didn't install any virtual drives, but XBMC still freezes on start.
Of course it starts normally if run just after boot up.
Guys see post #45 above, it may help...I no longer have that issue and all I did is run ccleaner! try it you have nothing to loose just back up your reg b4 you do it. good luck!
maybe I'll give it a try, but I think it won't work in my case. I've got clear system. Launching XBMC after recovery was one of the first things that I did Smile So the system was allright - in theory of course Smile
i posted the same problem some time ago in the windows support section, but i'll try bumping it here with a copypaste hoping to add to the discussion :

--------------------------

Hi

This is a problem i've had once or twice before, in which cases i ended up formatting cause i couldn't find another solution. I really dont wanna go through a clean install, so i turn to you techies in desperation Wink

Up till last week, everything was running smoothly, no problems. One day, XBMC starts taking up to 10 minutes before getting past the Eden 11.0 splash screen. I shut it down and restart the application/computer a few times, not solving the problem. I tried updated builds and newer videodrivers, not solving the problem.

Then, i notice that other programs such as Windows Media Player and Plex suffer from the same problem. Taking 5-10 minutes to reach operational status, then everything is fine. At the same time, BSplayer runs everything without problems, instantly.

In the days before getting the problem, i've not made significant changes to my system. No driver updates, no windows updates, so i'm baffled about what it could be. Why do certain media applications suffer, and others dont?

Also, i can access the media content from my tablet without problems, so it's purely a problem with the opening/displaying of the programs/files on my Windows 7 computer itself.

logfile : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11822

-----------------------

I've since experimented some more. Since Plex and WMP were installed before the problem started, i now tried installing Media Portal for a post-problem test. It has the same problem, it hangs during startup . Tried XBMCBuntu from a USB Flash Drive, that works without a problem.

Since all the applications that have the problem support remote controls and library management, it must be one of these according to me. Bsplayer and VLC work fine, and neither of them support remotes or libraries. And the problem only exists in Windows (7, 64bit).

Also installed .NET 4 framework and IRSS, with no result.

PS : i really really prefer XBMC, nevermind the presence of other applications on my system, they're mainly for testing :p
I've been having the exact same "crash on startup" problem with XBMC 11.0, but I've got it solved!!

See post #6 on this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119757

There was an open bug report [Ticket #12575 (closed Bugs: Obsolete)] which appears to be closed now - although it obviously isn't resolved.
All I did was download the modified XBMC.exe and drop it into my XBMC program folder, and now it works like a charm!

For the record, I also tried the Frodo nightly build (2012-11-12...) with the same crash behavior, prior to finding the fix noted above. I would suspect that the same solution that worked on Eden would also work on Frodo, although I'm not a coder by any stretch of the imagination! If someone else has the skills to modify the Frodo .exe in a similar manner, I would be very interested in the results.

sys specs:
Win XP Pro sp3
Athlon xp+ 2600 (@1900 mhz)
1 gb ram
150 gb hdd
HD 2600 XT (AGP)
Thanks for sharing Bro! Sometimes solutions get buried on this forum and are hard to dig out.
I've got this problem myself. Was watching a show with XBMC last night and it stopped suddenly. Remote controls did nothing, and I had to force close it. Now it freezes at startup.

I have a crash dump as well as some logs, not sure where to put them. I can paste the logs of course, but the crash dump is a binary file. Frodo RC3 BTW.

I'm going to do a thermonuclear wipe of all local settings to fix it, but I've got the debug log and crash dump in a zip, I'll upload it to wherever anybody wants me to if interested.
Ok it seems updating my library causes XBMC to freeze, and I configured it to update on startup, so when it starts up it freezes.

I'm not sure how to upload my library for anybody to pick through because it's stored on an SQL server (for a unified whole home library) that I don't know how to export.

Perhaps when it originally froze up (it was scanning at the time) is somehow corrupted my library? I'd post the core dump, but I don't have anywhere to upload.
Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but I'm having this same issue on my Windows 10 machine?

This is my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/aqLy1Qvk

It looks really similar to sc84647's log: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1123099

My machine does not have an optical drive.

UPDATE: I think is a mysql server issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezes on startup1