New Wesena ITX7 / Streacom F7C build - ODD? CPU Cooler?
Three low-profile 1155/1156 coolers reviewed here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1404634

Unless I am misunderstanding your posts, I find it strange they say the Gelid won't fit but recommend the Silverstone, yet the Silverstone is 9mm taller than the Gelid.
(2012-04-19, 17:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Three low-profile 1155/1156 coolers reviewed here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1404634

Unless I am misunderstanding your posts, I find it strange they say the Gelid won't fit but recommend the Silverstone, yet the Silverstone is 9mm taller than the Gelid.

I do not know who is answering their customer support emails but he sure just did not look into the coolers which I asked him would fit. Anyway, the Gelid Slim Silence i-Plus seems like the best option and I will order it. Thank you for the link!
(2012-04-19, 18:04)sauc1er Wrote: I do not know who is answering their customer support emails but he sure just did not look into the coolers which I asked him would fit. Anyway, the Gelid Slim Silence i-Plus seems like the best option and I will order it. Thank you for the link!

Yeah, bizarre. I like the Gelid. I have it in my HT80 HTPC build. You're welcome.

@sauc1er & kokoro
I have very similar hardware like you - ASRock A75M-ITX + two memory chips + Scythe Kozuti.
Did you manage to install it together?
In my case this cooler is to wide and overlap one of memory chips (this closer to cpu)!
No way to install it with two memory chips ;-(
Sad to hear that. But this is why I am going to but the Gelid cooler. Why don't you just get a new cooler and dump the kozuti?
I expected the Kozuti is more quiet then the others but now I need to go for the Gelid or stay with the stock cooler + 12cm Scythe instead of the original fan. I have so right now and it is also ok and quite quiet.
The second option is to remove one of the memory chips - then Kozuti should fit ;-)
I need to think it over - what is better - a new cooler or one memory chip instead of two.

p.s. but the Gelid fit into also when TWO memory chips are installed? 100% sure?
this is this one guy: http://geizhals.at/559980
The 1155 version of the Gelid does not interfere with the memory banks, at least on a ASUS P8H61-I motherboard.
It does not help me a much - ASUS P8H61-I has different layout then asrock A75M-ITX
(2012-04-20, 22:14)acegis Wrote: @sauc1er & kokoro
I have very similar hardware like you - ASRock A75M-ITX + two memory chips + Scythe Kozuti.
Did you manage to install it together?
In my case this cooler is to wide and overlap one of memory chips (this closer to cpu)!
No way to install it with two memory chips ;-(

Hi acegis,
I have the Zotac GF9300-ITX in my Wesena, when I first tried the kozuti it didn't hit my G.Skill low profile memory modules(altough overlaping one of them). But yeah this cooler is much wider than the Gelid one (once the gelid installed on my motherboard, one of the capacitors is 1 mm away from the Gelid Big Grin )
hmmm it is a big lottery Smile)))) now I need to decide: give up 2-chip memory and replace by one 4g chip or try with the Gelid or stay with currently used 12cm fan replacing the stock one or.... no idea what
Hi,
if you buy one 4gb memory module to replace your 2x2 gb memory modules, you won't enjoy dual channel anymore. However, if you use your computer mainly as a HTPC just to watch movies as me, I guess you won't notice the loss in performance.
Finally I managed to install the Kozuti together with two memory chips but I need to remove steel coolers from one of Kingstones.. and bend the memory chip a little, it works but I am not sure if it was the best way...
which kingston ram u bought?

HyperX 2x2GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 Intel XMP X2 Grey Series (KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX)

nice picture - how did you fit it into?
does the heatpipe here touch the memory chip or u have a space between?
eskro what is that cooler on that cpu ?! Looks brill for the job i have in mind.

I'm still researching for my first & hopefully last ITX HTPC.

In regards to our chats a while back i'm now thinking of not waiting for AMD Trinity unless you advise otherwise.
I don't think i'm going to see FM2 motherboard with COAX out so will instead have to consider going with a case that offers a slot that i can use for an audiophile sound card. Leaning towards Asus F1A75-I DELUXE motherboard & Nexsus Psile case but also looking into streacom F7& Tendraw H125. I was hoping to get case with 120W DC PSU for around £100-£125 mark but that's looking impossible.

The lack of A8-3800 availability was another factor that was making me wait for Trinity but since than i discovered that 3850 can be under volt by quite a bit. I'm thinking of running it at the 2Ghz mark @40W usage.
This should help with temperature & related cooling issues. Hoping to go fanless or a large 120mm fan at 800rpm max.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Wesena ITX7 / Streacom F7C build - ODD? CPU Cooler?0