New Wesena ITX7 / Streacom F7C build - ODD? CPU Cooler?
Question 
So I finally got tired with my Zotac ZBOX HD-ID41 and I am just in the process of acquiring the components for my new htpc.

This is my current list:

1 x AMD A-Series A6-3500, 3x 2.10GHz, boxed (AD3500OJGXBOX)
1 x Kingston HyperX DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-27 (DDR3-1600) (KHX1600C9D3K2/8G)
1 x ASRock Smart Remote
1 x ASRock A75M-ITX, A75 (Sockel-FM1, PC3-14900U DDR3)
1 x Gelid Solutions Slim Silence AM2 (Sockel AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1)
1 x Scythe Kozuti (Sockel 775/1155/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1) (SCKZT-1000)
PSU and case are already ordered and I've got a spare crucial m4 ssd lying around

As you can see, it is still missing an optical drive. I do not care whether it be a DVD writer or just a ROM drive, may it even be a BD - I do not care as long as the slot in the case is filled Blush

I also wonder which of the 2 CPU coolers is the best option. I am not going to add a drive to the 3,5" bay.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you
4 Gb ram would be plenty. You running 7 64 bit?
Most probably Linux but I still want to be able switch or dual boot
Hi sauc1er,
I own the Wesena ITX7 and the 2 coolers you've mentioned (freaking coincidence isn't it?). If used with a Kozuti and a 3,5" HDD, you will have to bend the ODD plate a lot to fit everything inside (I've tried), that means you will damage the ODD slim drive as well and prevent the CD inside to eject properly. If you plan to use a 2,5" HDD only, you'll still have to bend the ODD plate a bit and in both cases the temperature inside the case will goes crazy. The Gelid however is a better choice cause you can fit a 3,5" HDD AND a 2,5" HDD inside at the same time. You'll even have a few milimetres clearance above the cooler. I found the sound level very similar to the Kozuti (I find it very acceptable with the fan spinning at low speeds). Good luck.
Ok, Gelid it is then. Can you also recommend an optical drive with the eject button left sided?
(2012-04-17, 23:33)sauc1er Wrote: Ok, Gelid it is then. Can you also recommend an optical drive with the eject button left sided?

Hi - I just purchased this case and found a list of some compatible drives at the following link: Perfect Home Theater - Wesena Tech Support

I'm glad I saw this thread because I was debating what CPU cooler I could install since I plan on using a 2.5" SSD and a 3.5" HDD.
Thanks for the detailed information kokoro.
Thanks for the link clhonu.

btw, what do you guys think about the ASrock Smart Remote?
users seem to have issues with their ASrock Smart Remotes...
just a quick forum search and you'll end up on a thread
complaining about it not working fully.

but, i suggest u get just the ASROCK CIR receiver.

good for Power ON from OFF state,

then get a MCE remote package to control XBMC.
(2012-04-18, 16:43)eskro Wrote: users seem to have issues with their ASrock Smart Remotes...
just a quick forum search and you'll end up on a thread
complaining about it not working fully.

but, i suggest u get just the ASROCK CIR receiver.

good for Power ON from OFF state,

then get a MCE remote package to control XBMC.

already got an MCE'mote package. I just received an email from streacom telling me both coolers were not suitable... I got a good deal on an Asrock H67M-ITX/HT board and I guess its much less of a hassle going the Intel way afterall.

The Gelid AM2 and 1155 CPU coolers are both 28mm (1U) -- the same height. What if anything did Streacom say is compatible?
(2012-04-18, 18:57)Dougie Fresh Wrote: The Gelid AM2 and 1155 CPU coolers are both 28mm (1U) -- the same height. What if anything did Streacom say is compatible?

They to told me that SilverStone and akasa offered "flat coolers for amd cpu's" they did not mention a specific model
(2012-04-18, 19:00)sauc1er Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 18:57)Dougie Fresh Wrote: The Gelid AM2 and 1155 CPU coolers are both 28mm (1U) -- the same height. What if anything did Streacom say is compatible?

They to told me that SilverStone and akasa offered "flat coolers for amd cpu's" they did not mention a specific model

The might be referring to the Silverstone NT07-AM2. That however is 9mm taller than the Gelid AM2 cooler. The akasa is 29mm, 1mm taller than the Gelid.
(2012-04-17, 23:33)sauc1er Wrote: Ok, Gelid it is then. Can you also recommend an optical drive with the eject button left sided?

Hi, no I'm sorry I use a right sided samsung SN-T083A Slot-in slim DVD drive cause the second version of Wesena ITX7 had a right sided eject button. I found them very fragile and had to disassemble mine once to remove a DVD stucked inside.

(2012-04-18, 21:18)kokoro Wrote:

Hi, no I'm sorry I use a right sided samsung SN-T083A Slot-in slim DVD drive cause the second version of Wesena ITX7 had a right sided eject button. I found them very fragile and had to disassemble mine once to remove a DVD stucked inside.

Thanks, I already found an affordable DVD writer by Sony.

(2012-04-18, 19:05)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 19:00)sauc1er Wrote:

The might be referring to the Silverstone NT07-AM2. That however is 9mm taller than the Gelid AM2 cooler. The akasa is 29mm, 1mm taller than the Gelid.

SilverStone Technologys Nitrogon NT07-1156 was suggested when I asked if they could recommend a certain model. This is the Intel Version of the NT07 obiously.
Which brand is the most silent?

what kind of temperatures are you guys getting? i have the same case with a core i3 2125 and using the stock cooler and my temperatures at idle are around 44 and playing a 1080p movie its around 50 to 55.

I also had to bend the 3.5 hdd case to fit the stock cooler. Also use a NAS for file storagea and have a SSD to boot from. The other big heat item in the case is a passive cooled AMD hd 6540 graphics card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Wesena ITX7 / Streacom F7C build - ODD? CPU Cooler?0