• 11(current)
Win XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects
has the controller issue been fixed in the nightly's?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Jup, it has been.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I'm confused. Aren't nightlies supposed to be less stable? So is there a middle ground between a nightly version and the 11.0 - that fixes this issue?
They are indeed - only this bug has been fixed, but it's not, in any way, more stable in comparision to Eden. The controller-problem disappeared, but it was also fixed for 11.1, I can't seem to find that tag on git any longer though. So - they might have scrapped the 11.1 in favor of an earlier releasing 12.0 .
So - you can either choose to use a nightly build of the current 12.0-dev-tree or you're stuck with the error... (I finally gave in - running Frodo now, so far so good...)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I run eden rc2 that you can find somewhere in this thread...so far so good too!
On some frodo s alpha i got a problem of input repeating themself after exiting a game in advanced causing the game to relaunch....sometime even the game start more than one time and it crash my pc...don t know why but it NEVER happen with rc2....I assum it s because the pad is not handelt with the same way on eden and frodo...
Cheers
Just finished reading through this thread. Great work on the crash issue. I have the final Eden official release. I too have problems with the Xbox 360 wirelless controller. XBMC does not crash when controller shuts down and thats great, but it is not possible to use the controller after a reconnect. So, I still find the controller useless in XBMC. Let's say you need to pause the movie or you just left XBMC for a while, then you would indeed again have to use mouse or remote. Is there no fix for controller resume/wake up?
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
Thought you read the thread? There is a fix, it is in mainline - it will come in Frodo. But as of yet there is no real solution...

...yeah, I know Frodo will fix stuff, but your last sentence says it all. No fix before Frodo then... thanks.
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
Frodo fixed it !!!! Thx Wink
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
im having an issue similar to this one but when my controller turns itself off my volume goes down really low if i turn the controller back on and pause the media and then resume it the volume goes back to normal. anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? im using xbmc 12.2 with aeon nox on windows 7 x64
@IKROWNI did you ever find a fix? I just upgraded to Kodi 14.0 and I'm having a similar problem. As soon as my controller turns off, the main menu keeps scrolling or if I'm watching a movie it start rewinding. This didn't happen in the previous version. I have a wireless Xbox 360 controller and I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.
If you're having problems with scrolling or a continuous button press when your controller turns off, go to System > Input devices and disable "Enable mouse and touch screen support". That did the trick for my wireless Xbox 360 controller.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects0