• 8(current)
Win XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects
(2012-06-04, 22:04)A600 Wrote: IMHO, taking in consideration two directions at the same time is a bit pointless for a media center app.

hehe, jup. I tried to keep the old behavior as much as possible even though it isn't optimal. The only change is the support for 4 hats which is also pointless for a htpc and doesn't work if you press two hats simultaneous.
The most important question is if it crashes or not for the other users here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I just tested the latest nightly build and indeed the controller disconnect issue appears to be fixed. I tried pulling my wireless Xbox 360 controller receiver and disconnecting the battery packs on both controllers multiple times I can't anger it. I tried starting XBMC both with the controllers connected and without for the subsequent tests. I'll keep testing it but so far it looks to be a big improvement. Thanks!!!
Nice, thanks. Would be good to get more feedback soon. Otherwise I can't backport the fix to Eden.1 which is near.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
it didn't work for me...xbmc still crash when controller goes to sleep...
mmh, this isn't worth the effort :/

Did you have any other programs in use which have to access to the joystick when testing like xpadder. If yes please try without it and don't forget the debug log.
Could anyone with debugging capabilities still repro this issue?
My install is still working correctly after testing it some more. I am not using Xpadder or any other middle layer software.

Prior to this nightly I was using the "No-init" version another user uploaded. I upgraded to this nightly right over it.
So glad to see progress being made on this. I recently installed a permanent HTPC in my living room and threw emulators and the lot on there with my wireless 360 controllers to play with friends. I use pinnacle game profiler to control xbmc with the controller and back out of games, etc. but the crashes were so annoying. I hope soon we'll have a solution, especially because I don't even use xbmc with the controller since I have pinnacle.
Had this problem earlier, and my XBMC crashed. I just installed the nightly build tonight and have tested it. XBMC no longer crashes, or loses connection with the controller. However, I did lose the scrolling functionality. Pressing the LT and RT does nothing now. Is there a way to fix this?
Try a upcoming nightly (08.06.2012). The axis were wrong enumerated. Dunno if it solves your issue but worth to try out.

How can I navigate inside XBMC with the controller? The buttons work fine and I also can tunr the volume up and down (after the axis fix) but I can't navigate. Do I have to change anything in the xml beside the name? Smile
Had the same problems with the old joystick code so didn't care until now ...
grr just noticed that XINPUT is preferred for the x360 controller. For DirectInput the trigger buttons only act as one. Stupid M$! I won't rewrite the code to use XINPUT just for that. Even don't know if other controllers would work with it.
(2012-06-07, 16:53)WiSo Wrote: grr just noticed that XINPUT is preferred for the x360 controller. For DirectInput the trigger buttons only act as one. Stupid M$! I won't rewrite the code to use XINPUT just for that. Even don't know if other controllers would work with it.

for the trigger buttons:

Code:
<axis limit="+1" id="2">ScrollUp</axis>
<axis limit="-1" id="2">ScrollDown</axis>

To navigate, you probably need to use the hat:

Code:
<hat id="1" position="up">Up</hat>
<hat id="1" position="down">Down</hat>
<hat id="1" position="left">Left</hat>
<hat id="1" position="right">Right</hat>
Another victim of this reporting in.
I tried the latest nightly and the problem seems to be fixed. Will this be backported to Eden or is more work required?
I test the latest version and everything work fine so far!
great job!
(2012-06-10, 21:42)bakito Wrote: I test the latest version and everything work fine so far!
great job!

By "everything works fine" are you referring to XBMC crashing when the controller disconnects?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
yes but sadly with latest nightlies I have many problem with audio AE....Sad
xbmc keep crashing for differents reason now, it's get me really nervous!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects0