• 9(current)
Win XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects
Yeah, I don't like the exclusive mode. If I open an emulator from XBMC, it doesn't have sound. The same applies to Netflix via IE.

Unacceptable, if you ask me.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Yep! Glad to hear this! I struggle with xbmc eden for this pad bug then I have to update xbmc to get it work and now because of AE I m still in trouble I feel stuck!
So it s no pad or no sound...and i m not talking about several other bug i get with the latest release...Sad
Anyway cheers! Btw I went back to eden rc2 which did not crash with the wireless pad and AE free...you can find it somewhere in this thread I upload it some time ago...hope tha works with you!
Haha, same issue here. The controller issue is fixed in a nightly but it crashes for a variety of other reasons now. Also having problems with AE myself.
Going back to Eden RC2 might be my only option too.
Seems a bit perverse, having to go back to something that is supposed to be less stable for more stability...
Anyone else having the audio exclusivity issue with the nightly's?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
(2012-06-14, 21:26)Kinneas Wrote: Haha, same issue here. The controller issue is fixed in a nightly but it crashes for a variety of other reasons now. Also having problems with AE myself.
Seems a bit perverse, having to go back to something that is supposed to be less stable for more stability...
Nightlies more stable than a RC version? I don't think so...
Nightlies are always suspect to change - you shouldn't make a big fuss about it. Instead - you could let the devs know that the the exclusive mode is happening...

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

The problem is that the pad bug occured in eden final release...thus force us to install nightly to overcome it...but then effectively, nightlies are not stable...that s why the rc 2 comes back...which is ironic...
For the AE stuff, I already post log and comment in the AE thread, wait and see....
Btw last ati driver messed hdmi connection...I recommended don t install it for now ( hdmi is disconnected as soon as I turn my tv off...maybe it s causing some problem with AE...)
Cheers!
(2012-06-15, 10:46)bakito Wrote: The problem is that the pad bug occured in eden final release...thus force us to install nightly to overcome it...but then effectively, nightlies are not stable...that s why the rc 2 comes back...which is ironic...
For the AE stuff, I already post log and comment in the AE thread, wait and see....
Btw last ati driver messed hdmi connection...I recommended don t install it for now ( hdmi is disconnected as soon as I turn my tv off...maybe it s causing some problem with AE...)
Cheers!
Yeah, I get that Smile
But, nightlies are still more unstable in respect to the final version... besides the crashes happening.

For the driver: That is actually exactly how my ati-card behaved... all the time. And technically - the driver does the exact right thing: When the TV is off, there is no connection to be made - thus the HDMI-Connection is disconnected. Can't see anything wrong with that... but, yeah, it might cause problems for the engine.

However - exclusive mode:
What happens when you tell the windows-driver that exclusive mode isn't allowed, and no application has the permission to actually use the exclusive mode?

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-06-15, 10:46)bakito Wrote: The problem is that the pad bug occured in eden final release...thus force us to install nightly to overcome it...but then effectively, nightlies are not stable...that s why the rc 2 comes back...which is ironic...
Cheers!

What version of the ATI driver are you using? I'm having that problem as well.
(2012-06-15, 16:00)HenryFord Wrote: For the driver: That is actually exactly how my ati-card behaved... all the time. And technically - the driver does the exact right thing: When the TV is off, there is no connection to be made - thus the HDMI-Connection is disconnected. Can't see anything wrong with that... but, yeah, it might cause problems for the engine.

There is something wrong because when the TV comes back on it continues to register the HDMI audio as unplugged despite getting video. As a result, there is no audio until I restart the graphics driver OR restart the machine OR unplug and replug the HDMI cable.

(2012-06-15, 16:00)HenryFord Wrote: However - exclusive mode:
What happens when you tell the windows-driver that exclusive mode isn't allowed, and no application has the permission to actually use the exclusive mode?

Last time I did that, I didn't get Audio from XBMC when playing videos.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
The new joystick code is back ported and will be part of Eden.1.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes!!!great news wiso!
Thanks for that!
For the ati drivers:I use the 12.2, I had to reset my driver or my computer when i turn my tv off and on...my card use to keep hdmi always connected before the 12.4 which was more convinient for my htpc...and I read on the ati forum different guys complaining about this on the 12.4...maybe the 12.3 are good but i didn t test them...
Cheers
(2012-06-15, 21:21)bakito Wrote: Yes!!!great news wiso!
Thanks for that!
For the ati drivers:I use the 12.2, I had to reset my driver or my computer when i turn my tv off and on...my card use to keep hdmi always connected before the 12.4 which was more convinient for my htpc...and I read on the ati forum different guys complaining about this on the 12.4...maybe the 12.3 are good but i didn t test them...
Cheers

I'll downgrade as soon as I get home.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
Does the fixed eden is relased or is it still work,in progress?
Cheers
(2012-06-15, 05:49)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 21:26)Kinneas Wrote: Haha, same issue here. The controller issue is fixed in a nightly but it crashes for a variety of other reasons now. Also having problems with AE myself.
Nightlies more stable than a RC version? I don't think so...
Nightlies are always suspect to change - you shouldn't make a big fuss about it. Instead - you could let the devs know that the the exclusive mode is happening...

I think you misunderstood what I said. What I was saying was that having to go back to a pre-Eden Release Candidate because it's more "stable" than Eden final, is strange. Of course I understand that nightlies aren't stable. What I'm saying is that until Eden "stable" is fixed, our only choice is a pre-eden RC or a nightly which introduces other problems...

(2012-06-15, 17:50)WiSo Wrote: The new joystick code is back ported and will be part of Eden.1.

That's great news Smile
Is eden updated with the pad fix?
Its updated in the Eden.1 repository but not released yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects0