Linux Too slow on Ubuntu 11.10 and Asrock ad2700-itx
Hi all,

i bought a asrock ad2700-itx and i've tried to install xbmc 11 on linux ubuntu 11.10 but it's very very slow and it can't be usable.
Anyone knows why? Is the hardware poorly performing or there is some setting to tune the xbmc? Huh

Hope anyone can help me, thank you

It's impossible to tell without more details, but I'd guess it was a video driver problem because your board uses a PowerVR SGX545.

Is it just when playing video that it's slow, or is the user interface slow? If the latter it's probably because the video driver you're using does not accelerate OpenGL.
The user interface is very slow, it takes too long to switch among the main menu. I think you're right, the openGL support is the reason, so there is no way to use xbmc on this machine?
Hi, I bought a motherboard ASRock AD2700-itx, I have the same problem: the mouse is very slow, you can not manage, the marquee is very slow. I installed xbmc on ubuntu and it seems to go better, I tried xbmc on windows and the screen shakes. I wanted to install xbmc live on this board without linux or windows, unable to solve the speed problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too slow on Ubuntu 11.10 and Asrock ad2700-itx0