Ethernet not working on motherboard.
My unRAID server has lost it's network connection and I've traced it back to this in the BIOS settings, any idea's on what I should do next?

Man... you have the asrock 880 huh? same as me..... what bios version you on? I believe im on 1.40 ..... not sure.

You know what.... when i had that CX430 psu you have.... it tripped out my mobo and my speed fan controller.....
It has been running fine since July last year. No psu problems even with 12x2TB drives spun up.
Not sure on the BIOS version.
I ordered a replacement motherboard today with the plan to send the old one back and get it replaced. Having a spare motherboard should be handy running two unRAID servers.
if you would have had a spare expension slot,
you could have gotten a NETWORK card.

[NIC] Intel PWLA8391GT 1000Mbps PCI ($30 + $0)
(2012-04-18, 16:44)T800 Wrote: It has been running fine since July last year. No psu problems even with 12x2TB drives spun up.
I ordered a replacement motherboard today with the plan to send the old one back and get it replaced. Having a spare motherboard should be handy running two unRAID servers.

Oh ok.... good stuff man. Let us know how it goes. So you are down for a few days! Sad
(2012-04-18, 16:47)eskro Wrote: if you would have had a spare expension slot,
you could have gotten a NETWORK card.

[NIC] Intel PWLA8391GT 1000Mbps PCI ($30 + $0)

I thought about getting a network card but if the motherboard is faulty I don't want it.
(2012-04-18, 16:49)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 16:44)T800 Wrote: It has been running fine since July last year. No psu problems even with 12x2TB drives spun up.

Oh ok.... good stuff man. Let us know how it goes. So you are down for a few days! Sad

Yeah but fortunately its the movie server and I only get to watch them at the weekend. TV Show server is still going strong (touch wood).
T800,

When you get your new motherboard you might as well turn off the stuff you're not using (HD Audio, audio over HDMI, serial port if it has one, floppy disk, etc in the BIOS). There's not much point in leaving them enabled if you're never going to leverage the hardware. I recall (several years ago) turning off the sound via bios on an old nforce chipset reduced CPU temperatures 2-3 degrees celsius on a motherboard I was using for my home server. Since then I've always disabled things I don't need in the BIOS.
Cheers Sureguy I will look into that.
How about reflashing the BIOS? Even if you're on the latest... Can't hurt, right? Well, unless it totally fry's the motherboard, but somethig tells me it won't...
Jargon in the BIOS screen usually means it's FUBAR'd. A re-flash might fix it, but I'd be pretty amazed. Almost certainly needs a chip replacing. Warranty?
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
It's less than a year old so hopefully it will be replaced.
New mobo installed and running like a dream!
Glad to hear! Wonder why that one died on you....
wow, chipset dying like that, this s****

glad you got it fixed and running!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ethernet not working on motherboard.0