Screen Resolution
Photo 
I have a 46 inch wide screen TV and i use it both as a monitor and for watching HD movies on XBMC.

Now the problem is for general use as PC, i have set windows resolution at 1280x720. At this resolution i can easily browse internet and read articles.

What i want is when i switch to XBMC in fullscreen , my system auto set resolution of 1920x1080. And if in window mode system go back to 1280x720.

is it possible folks?
Not as easily as that no. You can switch the resolution from within XBMC but you're looking at a two-step process for each direction.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
If its only for Browsing just adjust the size with ctrl +
I solved my problem by switching computer resolution to 1920x1080
And setting higher dpi at 175%.

This way the text is readable and computer stays at 1920x1080

By the way I'm using win 7
That is what I do on my HTPC connected to a HDTV. It works just fine.
Guys, I am using xbmc eden RC2 on ubuntu 11.10, have set the desktop resolution to 1280x720 and set the resolution within xbmc to 1920x1080 and what happens is that when starting xbmc it needs a few seconds but it does switch to 1920x1080 automagically

Roberto
Hi,

I would love to see this feature too.

For my understanding:
At the moment XBMC does the upscaling to 1900x1080 in case hte video has a smaller resolution?
I would love my LG TV to do this as till now it provided very good upscaling quality.

- In your experience - how good is the upscaling of XBMC?
- Is there any way to achieve this? (not - as far as I can read from this thread)

Thanks
Robert

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Resolution 0