Ortek VRC-1100 IR Reciever+Harmony One+Shutdown
I've just got Ortek VRC-1100 IR Receiver to use on my htpc to replace a faulty imon receiver and i'm using it with a harmony one remote control, I've got most of my buttons set on my harmony but need some info on the shutdown button. The VRC-1100 came with a MCE remote and i've got my harmony to replicate it but the power button only seems to put the htpc to sleep and not powering Off. The MCE remote that came with the VRC-1100 also only puts the htpc asleep with the power button. Has anyone got the receiver and have managed to map the power button to shutdown instead of sleep. I've always had xbmc to start up soon as it goes to the desktop but now when i power the htpc off it puts it to sleep, i wouldn't mind it going sleep but when it wakes it does not wake on the main xbmc menu, it wakes in one of the sub menus. Any guidance would be great.

Remote in question

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VRC-1100_Orte...one_Remote
As I recall, the Close button on the VRC-1100 sends the keystroke alt-F4. Press this enough times and it should close Explorer, which will shut down Windows.
Not really what i was after, was hoping of a one button shutdown. Shame really as i have the harmony set really good the way i want but the shutdown problem.
What is your case pwoer button set up to do? You shoudl be able to create a desktop shortcut with a "shutdown.exe /s" command, and make the shortcut key match whatever one of the colored buttons send out...
(2012-04-19, 16:05)argh! Wrote: What is your case pwoer button set up to do? You shoudl be able to create a desktop shortcut with a "shutdown.exe /s" command, and make the shortcut key match whatever one of the colored buttons send out...

My htpc shuts down when the power button is pressed on the case.
@argh!: the power button sends a "suspend" multimedia keypress. You can't trap or change this.

@voyagerxp: you just need to map a key to the Shutdown action. Grab KeymapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use the "Detect keypress" option to detect the keypress sent by whatever button you want to shut down the PC, and set the action to Shutdown.
Can you do a bit of a guide for a dummy lol, very new to all this.
Run KeymapEdit and when it asks if you want to create a new file answer Yes. Click on "global" to select it, then from the Keymap menu select "Detect keypress". Press the required button on your remote handset, and you should see the "Append detected key" dialog open. Click on the arrow to the left of the Action combo box and scroll down and select "Shutdown". Click OK and you should see the key mapping entry appear in the list undet "global". Close KeymapEdit and save the changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ortek VRC-1100 IR Reciever+Harmony One+Shutdown0