Best remote for XBMC?
(2012-05-28, 03:18)eskro Wrote: since both i've owned were epic fails,
i avoid rii's at all costs Tongue

I havnt received mine yet but the reviews and recommendations I've heard have said it was a great remote for the price. It was pretty damn cheap on ebay so its no big deal if it fails but I'm sure it will be just fine.

Theres also this nice one from Lenovo. I might have to pick one of these up. Again, around $30 on ebay.

Thumbs Up 
I brought two,...a Keyboard and a MCE Remote.
I LOVE this keyboard!!!!! In fact,..I will be buying another to replace my workstation's keyboard.

IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) $39.08

And, my son LOVES this remote (go figure). He's found all sorts of ways to get around XBMC with this remote.

Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition $15.41
that IOGEAR is great, alot of good reviews,
but i cant live without backlits Smile
(2012-05-28, 21:30)eskro Wrote: that IOGEAR is great, alot of good reviews,
but i cant live without backlits Smile

Shhh, don't tell my wife,...but I'll be buying this up any day now:
FAVI Entertainment Wireless Keyboard (Built-in TouchPad/Laser Pointer) - Black $22.49

and its backlit!

i suggest mine and beer40's iPazz
(2012-05-28, 23:22)eskro Wrote: i suggest mine and beer40's iPazz

You convinced me:
Unisen iPazzPort Pro Mini (Black) KP-810-10-A Wireless USB Handheld Keyboard and Multi-Touchpad w/ Laser Pointer $19.63
and it's cheaper too.

Thanks Eskro!

GortWillSaveUs !!!!!!
I asked this in another thread but didn't get any responses there. out of curiosity - has anyone else had a problem using something like a harmony one in addition to one of these mini keyboards like the iPazz? I'll be using Win7 + XBMC
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
im using Harmony650 with Ipazzport without issues.
(2012-05-29, 03:36)eskro Wrote: im using Harmony650 with Ipazzport without issues.

Ditto.
Hey... If it helps anyone. I too was desperately seeking what remotes were best to use. After hours/days... I decided to make a little site that can collect the best remotes... Paired with video reviews... And links for purchasing through amazon. If interested you could try XBMCremotes.com
good job Abrasher!! i like it!! (but hate how the forum works Tongue)
Anyone tried the NSG-MR5U? http://remotebarn.us/nsg-mr5u-sony-remote.html
I got an NSG-MR5U and it is awesome for xbmc!! Works beautifully. Most of the buttons worked right away and used event ghost for the rest.
I got hold of a XBOX 360 Universal media remote reading that it is compatible with XBMC I also got hold of a XBOX wireless receiver (to work with the remote). I am having trouble getting them to work together. Is there another thread that can help me or anyone here that can help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best remote for XBMC?0