Best remote for XBMC?
(2013-11-23, 20:29)eskro Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 19:47)dr88dr88 Wrote: @Sam@Qubi I would be interested in this remote if it works out of the box like the Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid for every operating system.

totally agree as thats what i suggested to Sam@Qubi on his thread Tongue

XBMC needs a dedicated remote with backlit keys that works out of the box!!

I say go for it and its a winner this time!!!!!!!!

Note that an AIR MOUSE feature would be awesome, like the MELE F10 PRO
which could be a base to reThink the remote if you want!
There's a button to activate or deactivate the Gyro, its awesome and really important,
but its missing backlit keys and dedicated xbmc functions :/

(make sure to also make a compatible version for the OUYA box)

thats why having the help of FLiRC.TV might simplify things,
we could only need to load the config file according to our Operating System
and the rest is history!!!!!!!

Rich u'll become Smile

This has Airmouse function and you can toggle it on or off.
It will definitely work with Ouya

(2013-11-23, 22:41)eskro Wrote: @rogern: how do you type with it since it has no keyboard? lol

@Sam@Qubi:
This is the best place to find what users want out of a remote! Which buttons / Functions / Layout....
I would definitely Pledge and help you out on this new remote kickstarter campaign!!
The MELE F10 PRO is really popular in the HTPC community and it costs like $36 USD at amazon.com !!
but i would be willing to pay up to $50 for your unRivaled Qubi Remote that simply has it all!!

Call me crazy, but i always thought about this kind of setup,,,,

** We could have a remote that that has a gyro in it,
so we would have air mouse function like the MELE F10 PRO...
and this means a RF usb dongle to go along with it..
and its important (specially in XBMC) to be able to disable the Gyro if we want to
just like the on MELE with a single push of a button....

** then, we would need a nice backlit remote control with a keyboard on the back
that each button we press, no matter which one, it would send an IR signal.
this way, we could configure each button the easy way using the FLiRC.TV software!!
For any Operating System!! its cross platform!!
and of course we would we need the FLiRC.TV usb dongle...

** So basically, if we could finally combine those 2 usb dongles into 1,
even if the dongle ends up a little bit big, we would have best of both worlds!!
a FULLY BACKLIT AIR MOUSE remote control with a QWERTY KEYBOARD on the back
thats easy to configure and that works on ALL Platforms!!!!!

What do you think??

This is pretty much my device except you program the IR functions on the device itself no computer needed. You simply put the original remote and Qubi remote head to head put the Qubi remote into learning mode select button to program push the button to learn on the original remote and it's done, then repeat for all buttons :-)
Founder of the Qubi Console
is there a new compaign just for the remote yet?

thx
No but I have added it as a pledge level on the current....
If I get enough interest in this campaign and it is unsuccessful I will launch a remote only campaign...
If there is not much interest I won't be able to justify the cost's associated with a new campaign...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qubi...ade-simple
(2013-11-25, 05:20)Sam@Qubi Wrote: RF with programmable ir
Yes
Extremely fast/almost instant
No
Unsure should be weeks depending on usage
HID for Rf Lirc for Ir
No different (on android, small home is mapped to xbmc home screen, big home is mapped to android launcher so to be used from other apps)
Just sends the keypress
Just released pricing for my campaign $40 + $15 international post

Great! I've just put in a pledge for two!
(2012-05-28, 15:36)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: I brought two,...a Keyboard and a MCE Remote.
I LOVE this keyboard!!!!! In fact,..I will be buying another to replace my workstation's keyboard.

IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) $39.08

And, my son LOVES this remote (go figure). He's found all sorts of ways to get around XBMC with this remote.

Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition $15.41

The batteries in the MCE Remote are still going strong! Nice!
The batteries on my keyboard just gave out,...but I am thoroughly impressed since I use this sucker every day.
Not sure what that says about my life, but hey,...who says I can't watch "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" for the 5,288 time.
Now that the NYXBoard is no longer available let me know your dream remote in this post so I can try and supply it.
#1) a MELE F10 PRO like remote but plug and play for XBMC officially.
so people wouldn't have to toy around getting all the keys working...
so this means it needs to work out of the box with XBMC for Windows/OpenELEC/Raspberry Pi/OUYA ....

#2) backlit both sides would be awesome.

#3) not too much buttons on each sides, just what XBMC really needs.
(harmony 650 looks clean, i have it, its just missing air mouse and a backlit keyboard on its back Tongue)

#4) being able to use the remote from far enough Wink

#5) able to turn on my HDTV and select the correct HDMI port.

#6) able to turn on my Sound system and control the volume of it
One idea: A layout similar to the original xbox DVD remote: http://www.gaminggenerations.com/store/i...remote.jpg

but with the SMS letters on it (starting with 2/ABC, etc), and maybe a row of 4 "soft" buttons, like the typical 4 color buttons, so they can be used in extra situations.

Maybe some extra buttons for live TV, but avoiding redundancy (I could easily use up/down for chan up/down, for example).

Volume control on the side, as if it were a phone (I fell in love with this because of the Pivos remote, which is about the only redeeming feature of the Pivos remote).

RF, using a combination of media keys and keyboard commands to allow out-of-the-box usage on XBMC and most other programs.

Since this is a dream remote, then remapping keys in a way that is saved on the dongle, so it works on any box that sees a USB keyboard without special software or an extra keymap. Kind of like the FLIRC.

If someone wanted to really push another IR/RF hybrid remote, I'd love to have one where you could mix the IR/RF keys, rather than having to shift into different modes.
(2013-11-27, 06:46)Sam@Qubi Wrote: Now that the NYXBoard is no longer available let me know your dream remote in this post so I can try and supply it.

oh man, if you could design the perfect remote, i would gladly pay $70 for it.

Most important thing most manufacturers don't implement is wife/senior acceptance factor.
like the roku/apple remote but with a few more keys for xbmc/tv purposes

Only the crucial keys should be placed.

Features:
Controls TV
RF/Bluetooth for XBMC
home key shaped like a home with special coloring like the df10 remote
tactile responsive buttons
Long battery life
No keyboard at the back if it can't be automatically controlled like th nxyboard
directional keys spaced out
volume up/down and pg up/down
NO fast forward / fast rewind because you can just use right/left

i'm sure i'm missing some features, i can create a more extensive list if you're actually able to make this

Remote that is almost perfect:
(2012-04-18, 21:09)sam_1421 Wrote: Hi,

I'm a new XBMC user since yesterday (after I realized I had all the hardware laying around to build a HTPC) and I'm controlling it via my iPod Touch. So far so good. But it doesn't really match the feel ease of use of a physical remote...

So my question is: what cheap remote would you recommend? I don't need the remote with three LED displays on it that can dim the lights and close the windows, just something that could easily and efficiently control my XBMC app.

I've seen some remotes like this one on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-Wireless-Medi...526wt_1110

Do you think it is any good? If not, what kind of remote would you recommend?

Thank you!

Sam

I have a Hama MCE Remote Control, and although it works quite well in XBMC. I still want a wireless keyboard for win 7, so I have order the logitec AS400.
The Qubi Remote looks amazing. I would definately buy it if it was available. Keep us updated!!

1 extra button that would be nice on it would be log off/switch profile.
There are so many steps in xbmc to get to the profile menu. One button would be much easier for my son to switch to his profile to watch his movies/shows.
(2013-12-16, 04:44)ThaDraGun Wrote: The Qubi Remote looks amazing. I would definately buy it if it was available. Keep us updated!!

1 extra button that would be nice on it would be log off/switch profile.
There are so many steps in xbmc to get to the profile menu. One button would be much easier for my son to switch to his profile to watch his movies/shows.

Why not use power/shutdown menu? Shutdown menu -> log-off -> Login window
bump, we need to work together to find the perfect remote guys!

One that doesn't have unnecessary keys
I have one of these remotes for my PS3 for using when I watch BD/DVD on the console - Can I get this to work with xbmc?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Blu-ray-Rem...cp_vg_h__0

I'm using Raspbmc on the Raspberry Pi so I'm guessing I would need a bluetooth dongle for the Pi first of all..

Anyone got one working with their xbmc?
I got the Logitech keyboard. Works great from over 8' away. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-...V8PPCAB9KX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best remote for XBMC?0