Screensaver Activating While Playing Fullscreen Music
I found a similar thread that another user originally though might be skin related, but it seems to not be, here is that thread for background: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126705

Here is my summary of the issue with my debug log from the thread above (before I realised I was posting in the Aeon skin section):
Quote:I have the same problem, though not to the extent as the OP as I don't have the system set to turn my monitor off. I have Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > Use visualization if playing auto enabled. My chosen screensaver is 'Dim' after 5 mins. When playing music and in fullscreen, the 'dim' still occurs, which requires me to double press buttons on my remote when I want to pause/skip/etc.

I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 with the repository version of Eden installed, currently using the Neon skin.

Here is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/NbVBS8aC I clipped off everything before I started playing the music to keep the file size down. Let me know if anything is missing, I have the full log still. I captured the data in the log file right after the screensaver kicked in, which you can see in line 138.
Here's my additional info from the other thread as well Wink

I am experiencing similar issues. when powersave kicks in the music stops.
My expectation is that it has something to do with the way NVIDIA handles the HDMI.
Both my video & audio are connected to my receiver by only one HDMI cable. I fear that when the powersave comes on, the whole HDMI is disabled somehow.
I have a NVIDIA GT 520 in my mediacenter, running on Linux Mint connected to a Marantz SR6005 by HDMI1.4

Love to hear if anyone has a solution! My workaround is to disable power save, which will cost me $$ Wink
(2012-04-18, 21:52)losje Wrote: Here's my additional info from the other thread as well Wink

I am experiencing similar issues. when powersave kicks in the music stops.
My expectation is that it has something to do with the way NVIDIA handles the HDMI.
Both my video & audio are connected to my receiver by only one HDMI cable. I fear that when the powersave comes on, the whole HDMI is disabled somehow.
I have a NVIDIA GT 520 in my mediacenter, running on Linux Mint connected to a Marantz SR6005 by HDMI1.4

Love to hear if anyone has a solution! My workaround is to disable power save, which will cost me $$ Wink

I'm using a GT520 as well, though I don't have XBMC handling my powersave stuff, which is likely why I don't experience that part of it.

So this never went anywhere Sad Still happens...
I found the screen dim feature annoying, so I just disabled screensaver entirely. If I'm going to listen to music for an extended period of time, I just turn off my TV to "save" the screen (and reduce power usage) and listen through my external speakers. I have XBMC set to suspend the system after 30 minutes of inactivity, so if someone was watching a video, got bored and left the room mid-stream, XBMC will suspend 30 minutes after the video completes and, consequently, the TV will also go to standby... again doing what a screensaver would have done but with even more power savings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver Activating While Playing Fullscreen Music0