Files disappearing after upgrade
I recently upgraded to the version 11. Never had any problems with the old version but maybe it's just a coincidence. I have a volume spanning several disks using flexraid. From explorer I can see all the files fine and open them with MPC. But inside xbmc, some files just don't show up. They were there just yesterday, but they just disappeared as if xbmc doesn't see them on the disk anymore. They also disappeared from the library even though I never removed them or did a library cleanup. Any suggestions? I will just go back to the last version for now.
This happened the other day. I did a full uninstall and reinstall and it saw the files again, but the problem came back.
bump
Get us a copy of your debug log (wiki) during a start up. Could be some sneaky setting of some kind.
OK I will have to reinstall 11.0 first.
Ok here is my startup log after reinstalling.

http://pastebin.com/tQ7j6A0P
Is 'Hide Watched' on?
Its bump..
Well if you have any problem then you must should to consult an expert well I have visited the above link which pertain to reinstall does not have the enough information.
Any how keep it up..

koozies
(2012-04-24, 14:22)live4ever Wrote: Is 'Hide Watched' on?

This could very well be the problem. I did not know such an option existed and I cannot find it in the settings menu. Where is it exactly?
In Confluence hit 'left' while in Video>FIles it should be in a slide-out menu.
Yeah I think Hide Watched was on. I feel really stupid now.
No worries, as this is actually changed behavior from the last version where files would always show "all". It caught me off guard too :D
Any idea if this "feature" is going to be reversed anytime soon?

I would like to be able to update to Eden, but the way the whole files/library thing goes in it's current form, it would not be an upgrade, it would be a backslide in the way I use my media center. I mean you may as well remove the whole files link, as anything it shows may or may not be accurate anymore, it should show everything without exception, that's the core function of a "files" view.

Most people would use "Files" to organize either the things that defy scraping, or just to access their properly setup shares. In it's current implementation it is going to continue to confuse people and give people less options. I'm not the only one, I've seen numerous posts of people being confused or bothered by this.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2012-04-29, 17:28)MacGyver Wrote: Any idea if this "feature" is going to be reversed anytime soon?

I would like to be able to update to Eden, but the way the whole files/library thing goes in it's current form, it would not be an upgrade, it would be a backslide in the way I use my media center. I mean you may as well remove the whole files link, as anything it shows may or may not be accurate anymore, it should show everything without exception, that's the core function of a "files" view.

Most people would use "Files" to organize either the things that defy scraping, or just to access their properly setup shares. In it's current implementation it is going to continue to confuse people and give people less options. I'm not the only one, I've seen numerous posts of people being confused or bothered by this.

That is the only option that will remove listings.
If "files" mode was WYSIWYG like it used to be, it wouldn't be an issue. There is a setting to "show filename instead of library name", but even that setting would be unnecessary if "file mode" more correctly emulated the old "file mode", back before it became part of the library. I tried to use Eden, but got sick of needing to keep flipping "watched/unwatched" on and off, I even tried to "code around" it in the skin, but it's a toggle, and I couldn't figure out a way to make it work correctly down into deeper sub-menus. The only way to fix it properly is to change the source code to ignore id="10" and force it temporarily to "All" whenever a window is opened with ActivateWindow(Video,Files). But since I can't code C, I'll just have to wait until someone with coding skills is bothered by it enough to fix it themselves.

It also could just be me, I'm not really that fond of change. I flat out refuse to use any Windows OS above XP because of how badly Microsoft screwed up the filemanager. So take my criticisms with a grain of salt, I will always love XBMC, I just want it to be perfect.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files disappearing after upgrade1