Win Deleted Local Trailers - How to Update Kodi? SOLVED
Finally cleaning up my title folders. Deleted all my local moviename-trailer.mov but the address still remains in the .nfo's so Kodi thinks they are still there and won't stream any from youtube or the likes. Pressing Trailer now does nothing.

Manually editing out the address in each .nfo is not practical.
Navigating to 'Refresh' for each title is not practical.
Doing these does update Kodi and allow remote streaming but it would be exhausting doing this manually.

I thought maybe the texturecache maintenance utility could help but don't know what parameters to put in the command line?
I tried C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py P but it didn't help.

I'm afraid to delete anything in the Database/Textures13.db after spending days rebuilding my local folders, Kodi, it's skins, add-ons, movieset artwork, and all the mods.

Also tried exporting video library and allowed overwriting but that didn't help either.

There is probably a very simple solution but I haven't located it LoL!

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Using the latest Helix nightly.

Thanks
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I would move all the videos out of the Kodi search path and then clean your library. This will remove all data for those videos. You'll probably have to click the "Remove" button repeatedly though. Once they've all been cleaned from the library you can move the videos back to their original location and update the library to add them back without the trailer data.

Edit: Only move the contents of the source folder though, not the whole folder. Kodi won't clean if it can't connect to the source.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Do you think that will update the nfo's for each title? I'm fairly certain if this line isn't removed from the nfo somehow, no amount of refreshing, deleting and adding back, etc are going to do anything.

<trailer>moviename-trailer.mov</trailer>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Texturecache has a "set" option that will do what you want, but just looking at it it seems kind of inflexible, may not do exactly what you want. You could ask in the texturecache thread. I think what you want is something that could send SQLite query on the MyVideos90.db

Code:
UPDATE "main"."movie" SET "c22"=NULL WHERE "c22" LIKE "-trailer"

but I'm not an SQL guy so that command probably needs tweaking to actually work right.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2014-12-12, 22:06)brazen1 Wrote: Do you think that will update the nfo's for each title? I'm fairly certain if this line isn't removed from the nfo somehow, no amount of refreshing, deleting and adding back, etc are going to do anything.

<trailer>moviename-trailer.mov</trailer>

Didn't realize you had written an nfo file for each title. You would have to edit that file in each video folder and remove the <trailer></trailer> line.
Do you really need the nfo files?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
No, I don't think I need them? Just always have. There are thousands. Already tried deleting the nfo from a title, cleaning the library, and then try playing a streamed trailer. Nothing changed. You would think it would? Simply deleting that trailer address works by just restarting Kodi. All the nfo's were created long ago using export library in the gui. I've been accustomed to adding trailers when adding a title and then scanning it into Kodi. After realising my thumbnail folder in my 256GB SSD was out of control, I decided to do something about it last weekend. The amount of files in an individual title folder was also out of control. The dupes between using Artwork Downloader and various scrapers and what was carried over from mediabrowser, etc, the sizes were growing and lots of it was garbage.

So, I spent the weekend doing a fresh Helix nightly build. Juggled the media between HDD's and added Warlions Aeon Nox and all the mods to make it work. Re-added all the title folders containing the rip and the trailers (that was the mistake) and proceeded to customise all the metadata, eye candy for boxsets, etc. It wasn't until this morning I decided to get rid of the trailers too.... after everything had been completed and perfected. I started thinking about all the trailers and decided to delete them also since Kodi streams them. Makes no sense to keep them anymore.

I could easily fix this trailer problem at the expense of starting over. I dun wanna start over LoL. There's gotta' be an automated way to remove that trailer line from the nfo's or rebuild/replace the nfo's keeping this build intact. I know removing the library will wipe out Warlions skin mods I've done. I can live with watched status/date added problems and such. I hope, no I pray someone smarter than me offers assistance or I know what I'll be doing this weekend.....again.

Thanks for your suggestions and interest so far.

Removing the library shouldn't change any of the mods you've made on the skin. Why don't you try a test of one or two videos. Remove the videos and associated files to somewhere out of the scraper path. Clean the library to remove the info from your database. Add just the video and any artwork back, no NFO or trailer. Then run an update and let the scraper add the movie back into your database. Most videos shouldn't need an nfo file. The scraper your using should be able to get necessary info from IMDB, TMDB, etc. I only use NFO files if I want to use a custom title usually. 99% of my videos are just scraped from IMDB.
Been doing exactly this a couple hours now and finally got it down: Did it on a copy to be safe.

Delete all .nfo's. Don't cut and paste them to save. DO NOT EMPTY RECYCLE BIN!!
When all is said and done, you can sort the recycle bin by path and very easily restore any custom .nfo you want to save once you've viewed your new library.

Milhouse was very gracious and provided me some instructions.
C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py watched movies backup movies.dat (copy and paste into CMD)
C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py watched movies restore movies.dat (copy and paste into CMD)
Substitute "tvshows" for "movies" if you also want to backup your tvshows.

Removed all sources in Kodi. When Kodi prompts to clean paths choose no.
I deleted the entire database folder and the entire thumbnails folder but you don't have to.

Add sources again and scan them in. Used Universal and not Local Only. Config Universal to download nothing.
Set Artwork Downloader to Local Only and to download everything even though your folders may already be filled.
Set scan library at startup to on and in Nox set update art after database update to on.
Restart.

Aeon Nox is not spinning discs anymore but the disc.png is present?
Manually start Artwork Downloader. It should zip through if you already have folders with artwork. Once Nox is 'reminded' that artwork is present, the discs spin as usual. If you had artwork inside boxset covers, you'll need to redo it. Also, needed to juggle titles back into custom box sets.

Once your finished, run the texturecache utility using the 'P' extension. It will shave the thumbnail folder in half.
I've found no reason to have an .nfo at this point but if you'd like one, export the library and say no to everything.

And of course...... the trailers button is working perfectly now.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Glad you got it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted Local Trailers - How to Update Kodi? SOLVED0