Possible to set a max refresh rate for XBMC with the auto change?
I use XBMC via my secondary display, which is my Panasonic GT25 HDTV. Having it going from DVI > HDMI to my Onkyo 606 unit to my TV. For some reason, I can't get 1080P 60Hz, just 1080i and 1080P 24Hz.

So, I set XBMC to auto adjust the refresh rate so that when I load XBMC, the menu is in 1080i. When I turn on a movie, it goes into 1080p and back to 1080i when I go to the menu. Problem is, I have some TV shows that are shot at 29 or 30 fps or 60 fps. When I play those, it tries to auto switch to 1080P 60 Hz, which my setup doesn't work with.

Is it possible to change it so that when it tries to switch to 1080P 60 Hz, it switches to 1080i instead?

Using XBMC 11.0. Windows 7.

--

I tried using the adjust max refresh option in Advancedsettings.xml and unless I'm doing it wrong somehow, that doesn't work in XBMC 11.0.
Have you tried skipping the receiver and connecting directly to the display. You should start there first and rule out the receiver causing issue first.

If you have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" checked, then XBMC will try to set the monitor to the refresh rate of the video, that is expected. If you turn that off XBMC will not change the display's refresh rate unless you did via the advancedsettings.xml file.

First thing I would do is see why you can not run in 1080p mode. I have a new Core i3 system with current Intel drivers and it works fine in that mode.
I couldn't get anything to run when hooked directly up to the TV. I spent hours last night trying to figure out why I can't have 1080P at 60 Hz. Couldn't find anything, so I'm just moving on to trying to get XBMC to always run in 1080i mode except for when I run a 1080P 24fps movie.
This is so freakin' frustrating, I'm pulling my hair out over here. Why can't I disable 1080P 60Hz output on XBMC? It's so frustrating to exit out of the 30 & 60fps videos I'm trying to play and see them play perfectly in the background of XBMC because XBMC runs in 1080i.

I can run 720p 60 Hz, 1080i 30i, and 1080p 24 Hz.
Or even getting it to not adjust refresh rate when a video that is 29 or 30 or 60 fps would be a step in the right direction. If it only changed on 24p files.
Check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E
(2012-04-20, 02:47)bobo1on1 Wrote: Check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E
Tried it. Nothing. Here's what I have:

<video>
<adjustrefreshrate>

<override>
<fpsmin>29.96</fpsmin>
<fpsmax>30.01</fpsmax>
<refreshmin>23</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>24</refreshmax>
</override>
</video>

---

Advancedsettings.xml is in the right location as I have it clean my library on update right above it and that works just fine.
Your missing the closing </adjustrefreshrate>. I'm not sure about the rest.
And you need to wrap it in <advancedsettings> </advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to set a max refresh rate for XBMC with the auto change?0