PVR - signal quality and BER information is missing
Hello,

I mean informations available after pressing O on keyboard while watching tv. Confluence skin displays some useful info there (signal quality, snr, ber). Can you add the same informations to Transparency? It seems there is no any pvr info here. I use tvheadend as backend.

in T! press 'i' and select the small tv icon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
But this is very, very difficult to select this because every mouse move causes this toolbar to dismiss. I'm not sure what is the reason for this 2 toolbars to exist - first toolbar appears after mouse move and second toolbar after press 'i'. All info should be placed on this first toolbar.

But nevermind - it seems to be good idea to place this small tv button on toolbar that appears after mouse move and display signal quality informations in modal window. What do you think?

Also, subtitles search button should be removed from there, because this does not make any sense to search subtitles for live stream ;-)
(2012-04-19, 23:34)giaur Wrote: But this is very, very difficult to select this because every mouse move causes this toolbar to dismiss. I'm not sure what is the reason for this 2 toolbars to exist - first toolbar appears after mouse move and second toolbar after press 'i'. All info should be placed on this first toolbar.
don't use a mouse, you can use the left/right keys on your keyboard to get there.
(2012-04-19, 23:34)giaur Wrote: Also, subtitles search button should be removed from there, because this does not make any sense to search subtitles for live stream ;-)

heh, good call... though i'm not 100% sure it's useless.
what if a movie is airing? wouldn't the subtitles addon just work in that case?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-04-20, 00:20)ronie Wrote: don't use a mouse, you can use the left/right keys on your keyboard to get there.

Hmm, there is some problems:
- I rather preffer to use wireless mouse from my sofa ;-)
- But, even if I decide to do this using keyboard (not very big problem). Eveything will dismiss after I touch my mouse. This is confusing. I think dedicated button is not bad idea (if this won't make a lot of work to do?). Or: some stb tuners and tvs has signal quality indicators in epg window, maybe this is also good idea to do the same?

(2012-04-20, 00:20)ronie Wrote: what if a movie is airing?
What do you mean 'airing' ?
(2012-04-20, 08:13)giaur Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 00:20)ronie Wrote: don't use a mouse, you can use the left/right keys on your keyboard to get there.

Hmm, there is some problems:
- I rather preffer to use wireless mouse from my sofa ;-)
- But, even if I decide to do this using keyboard (not very big problem). Eveything will dismiss after I touch my mouse. This is confusing. I think dedicated button is not bad idea (if this won't make a lot of work to do?). Or: some stb tuners and tvs has signal quality indicators in epg window, maybe this is also good idea to do the same?
xbmc was designed for remote control use. mouse support is there, but it's not perfect.
the fact the osd pops up when you accidentally touch your mouse is an annoyance for several users
and some suggestions have to made to make it less sensitive in future releases of xbmc.

(2012-04-20, 08:13)giaur Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 00:20)ronie Wrote: what if a movie is airing?
What do you mean 'airing' ?

if you're watching a tv channels and it plays a movie or tv show, wouldn't the subtitles addon just work ?
Quote:some suggestions have to made to make it less sensitive in future releases of xbmc.
I see no reason for that and I hope mouse support will not change. Personally, I don't want any remote control, in my opinion operating with mouse is much more faster and comfortable. For example, I can select one item from list very fast by click on it, instead of pressing down/up arrow on remote control. Also, I think most of people that use xbmc on pc don't have any remote control and they use mouse.

If you are planning something like this, please don't disable mouse support - instead, configuration options will be good idea.

Quote:if you're watching a tv channels and it plays a movie or tv show, wouldn't the subtitles addon just work ?
I mean auto search subitltes feature on opensubtitles.org etc, not subitles itself. This is '=' button at right bottom. I can't imagine how it can be useful for live dvb-t stream... it will never find anything or even if something will be found it won't be synchronised (maybe I'm wrong).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR - signal quality and BER information is missing0