Sync Library does not work
Hey,

I am running a Windows 7 x64 System as a HTPC. My Movies and Tv Shows are on this computer, so the mysql database should run on it too.
XBMC Version is 11.0
MYSQL Version is 5.5.23 (x64)

I followed the Wiki exactly (I reinstalled everything for 4 times now, and followed the wiki everytime, but it is always the same issue). When I want to add a Source in XBMC he does not notice the content.
He remembers the source but always sets the content/scraper to nothing and so does not scrape anything.

My advancedsettings.xml looks like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.25</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I also looked into the Database. XBMC created two Databases: "myvideos60" and "test" and filled myvideos60 with all the tables like "actors" and views like "movieview"

Does anybody has got a idea?

Thanks in advance :-)
Are sources set with "smb://192.xxx.x.x ..." or to local drives "E:\\moviles ..." as the paths?
They are set to local drives, because this xbmc version and the media is on the same computer as the mysql-database.
Is that wrong?
Update: I tested it with the sources set to smb://htpc/... (is the computer name okay instead of the ip?!) and it works. XBMC scrapes the Library.
I think that was my failure?!
(2012-04-19, 20:11)resben Wrote: Update: I tested it with the sources set to smb://htpc/... (is the computer name okay instead of the ip?!) and it works. XBMC scrapes the Library.
I think that was my failure?!

Yea, if you use MySQL you basically have to have all your sources setup as shares even if they are on the same machine. It took me awhile to figure that out the first time too. And yes, the computer name is fine. All my sources look like //WINHTPC/Media/XBMC/ etc, etc.

The sources need to use smb:// at the start. It can work without it, but only if the network drive is locally mounted in windows first (and of course this won't work with non-Windows XBMC installs).

MySQL also doesn't like the \ slash used in Windows file paths.
Okay, thanks for the help :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync Library does not work1