Win USB dvd rom drive, wont play Audio CD's
Hi all,

I have done a search but can only find this old thread with no answer
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66479

I am having this issue and so are friends who have tested it.

All internal CD/DVD drives work but any USB drives will not play audio cd's, when you press 'play disc' on an audio CD it will load the information from CBBD without issues but then just skips through all tracks.

All DVD's load fine and play but Audio CD's just skip.

Please can someone help as I have a Revo R3700 so it has no internal drive I can use.

thanks

Darren

(Revo R3700, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64bit, Eden, Aeon MQ3)
Hey bobby dazzler, I'm also having the same problem on my Revo r3700! Does anybody know if this problem is specific to the Revo or is its fault with XBMC
Since you've provide no debug log I only can guess. Our third party lib libcdio used for cd playback has problems with usb drives. Thought this would be only valid for bluray but this could be the same (guessing as theres no log). Unfortunately there's not much we can do atm.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ok,

I did leave a link to the other thread describing the issue with a log, I can do a log if you wish.

It seems to be all/most external usb drives running audio CD's, I have tried 4 PC's with 3 different external drives and all the same result, DVD works fine but Audio CD's skip to the end.

Darren
Ok,

Log is here (had to cut it as it was massive but you get the idea)
http://pastebin.com/hb3fRwrH

I think the cd starts at line 406

the main part I think is this;-
17:50:55 T:2552 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avformat-52.dll)
17:50:56 T:2552 DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - not spdif or dts file, fallbacking
17:50:56 T:2552 ERROR: DVDPlayerCodec::Init: Error creating demuxer
17:50:56 T:2552 DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <01.cdda> using cache
17:50:56 T:2552 INFO: PAPlayer: Playing cdda://local/01.cdda
17:50:56 T:2552 DEBUG: PAPlayer: Creating new audio renderer
17:50:56 T:2552 INFO: CAudioRendererFactory: no input channel map specified assume windows
17:50:56 T:2552 INFO: CPCMRemap: Configured speaker layout: 5.1
17:50:56 T:2552 INFO: CPCMRemap: I channel map: FL,FR
17:50:56 T:3756 DEBUG: Thread XFILE::CFileCache start, auto delete: 0
17:50:56 T:2552 INFO: CPCMRemap: O channel map: FL,FR
17:50:56 T:2552 DEBUG: CPCMRemap: Downmix normalization is disabled
17:50:56 T:3756 ERROR: file cdda: Reading 52 sectors of audio data starting at lsn 0 failed with error code -5

Hope this helps Smile

Darren
next time please post always full logs via pastebin. The small snippet indicates the problem I mentioned above. So nothing we can do atm.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ok, it was over 500kb which it wouldn't let me do, I cut everything which was showing from start to track 7 I believe, I thought this would have been enough to show what the issue was as it kept repeating over and over.

Tomorrow I will paste the whole 7MB pastebin file once I sign up for full access and hopefully this will help Smile

It is just the same thing over and over until I press stop though :-S

Darren
read what I wrote.
1) for your next bug report post the full log via pastebin. yes we don't want the shit in our forum therefore use pastebin or xbmclogs.com
2) this time the small snippet showed the problem and its the problem we have with libcdio. so not much we can do atm.
(2012-04-22, 13:59)WiSo Wrote: read what I wrote.
1) for your next bug report post the full log via pastebin. yes we don't want the shit in our forum therefore use pastebin or xbmclogs.com
2) this time the small snippet showed the problem and its the problem we have with libcdio. so not much we can do atm.

I have been a long and loyal xbmc user who can use the forum search feature well enough to not have needed an account until today. But I have to post today to speak up for my fellow user here. Drunken_prozac clearly understands as I do that your time is limited, and that there are best practices and rules for asking for help here. But post after post drunken_prozac tried only to offer you the info you needed in the best way he thought he could in the moment. Even after your final message he chose not to respond negatively, that's how much he loves the work you do. But he does appear to have given up.

Could he have done better? Sure looking back now, but your the pro with xbmc, not him. We all understand that it would get on anyone's nerves to constantly correct people for the same mistakes, but to be so condescending, so vulgar, so hostile to a friendly good-natured user of the project you work so hard to be enjoyed by all seems so sad.

I hope you won't take this a tear-down by a no nothing newb, but as a positive push to a better attitude in the future (god I sound like a tool). It's completely within your power to chose which way to go with it.

******Also to drunken_prozac, I remember reading something about changing the drive letter of your usb drive to be higher up or something like that helped. Maybe you can use this info to search for a better answer.

I have a similar issue, but it is with DVDs, I have not tried an Audio CD, Eden, Win7. I get the "Play Disc" icon show up, but then an error when I click play. I do not recall the error, since it was a couple weeks ago I was playing with it. I've been looking for a solution, and haven't been able to find information on this until today, when I saw this thread pop up

At least I know I'm not the only one with an issue like this.
Six_shooter I think the info I gave to prozac was actually more for your dvd problem then for audio cds but ts probably related. I am having a hard time finding the thread I saw about changing drive letters or whatever. If I do find it I'll post it back here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB dvd rom drive, wont play Audio CD's0