Seems unstable... Keeps crashing if I click through stuff too fast...
I open Xbmc eden from ATV2 home screen on jailbroken 5.1.1 and it all works (a little slowly) and then I scroll over to movies click into it and wait for about 5-7 seconds usually. Then I start scrolling for a movie but if I click left or right too many times in a row sometimes it reboots the whole ATV2! Also if I skip forward or backwards too many times it reboots all of sudden!

To me it seems very unstable and not really worth all the hype (but maybe worth the $100 I paid)... I would much rather build a $200-$300 htpc that can play 1080p and won't boot me all the time.

Anyone else think these aren't that stable or really touchy?
I bought an ATV2 aswell, was playing with it (5.1.1) and idd sometimes it's pretty slow and I do have random crashes.

Like the topic starter is there a way to make it more stable ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
I've never had that experience. And I've setup and used dozens of atv2s. Put up a log file, because it sounds like something is definitely wrong with your setup.
I turned on Logging on the OSD and the only crash came from playing Avatar 1080p but other than that I was scrolling fast now and no problems... For now... I didn't have time to ssh in to get the log file. But I can see that when just clicking through in the main menu and in movies/TV shows the cpu reads about 96-98%! That seems way way too high.

I went back from Aeon Nox 3.0 back to Confluence and confluence is snappier but it still is about 97% usage!

I will post my log later tonight.... But isn't my cpu still running too high?
97% is normal [tm] its mentioned multiple times in the whole forum why this is the case. Nothing to worry about.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Aeon Nox is a terribly unstable skin, and causes nothing but problems on atv2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seems unstable... Keeps crashing if I click through stuff too fast...0