Numbers of script in Home.xml through <onload>
Hello!

I'd like to know if loading many script ("only" 3 so far) is detrimental to the overall performance of the Home screen (or more broadly to the whole skin)? Here, it doesn't, but my machines are not at the lower end spectrum of performance. I'm more asking maybe if that slows down a lot for Atom based HTPC..?

The scripts are "next.aired", "watchlist" and "randomitems".

Another question... as a rule of thumb, what's your personal maximum?

Thanks!
In short yes it does decrease performance.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok, thanks!

I wonder how much it decrease though. Do you have any rough idea?
It depends on device and type of DB used. You are fine with those 3 there should be no problem Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ok, thanks!
Better would be starting Watchlist Script in startup.xml and Not in home.xml
Would it work after skin switch if started from startup?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-20, 19:47)butchabay Wrote: Better would be starting Watchlist Script in startup.xml and Not in home.xml

Only problem with that is if the user has their HTPC on 24/7 and switches skins.
(2012-04-20, 20:08)Hitcher Wrote: Only problem with that is if the user has their HTPC on 24/7 and switches skins.
You can use builtin AlarmClock with loop and silent parameters and run watchlist every 2 hours - chech deatails at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Doesn't matter, because once the script is started at startup, after watching an episode or stop a movie the script updates your db status. So if the script is running 24/7 shouldn't be a problem, or am i wrong?

Ok switching skin is a problem in this case, but to be honest it doesn't make sense switching skin every day Smile else restarting the skin isn't that hard.

At the end what you suggest home.xml or startup.xml ? Makes any difference loading it on home? I mean regarding performance ...

Thanx

(2012-04-20, 21:11)butchabay Wrote: Doesn't matter, because once the script is started at startup, after watching an episode or stop a movie the script updates your db status. So if the script is running 24/7 shouldn't be a problem, or am i wrong?
correct
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Probably as long as you don't switch profiles?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm surprised that there's no "Profile.xml" startup type of xml file. Could be an nice addition to start default script for a given skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Numbers of script in Home.xml through <onload>0