• 5(current)
Half-finished TV-listings code (XMLTV-GUI)
looking good, jslawler. apologies to all for jumping in too early regarding insignificant gui details - no point at this stage, given that there's still lots to be done behind the scenes.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

nice work jslawler, great way of handling it :d
looking good, but i'd like to make a suggestion
if its not too much to ask it would be great if we are able to pick the channels that are retrieved & displayed
if its not possible in the gui then it's ok if we would be able to set it ourselfs in the python file
just my 2 cents Wink
you can use the grabber and point it to a list that specifies the channels you want to "grab". that is simple to build and should be easy to display/edit via the gui. it could basically be a derivative of the notepad script that already exists. but, of course, it would be better in c++ :d
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
just thought i'd mention this for those that had not seen it...

i've been running a nice python script called tvguide.v0.4

i run xmltv grabber on my home automation pc and publish it via a web site and the xbox uses it off the web site. it works very well and does a great job maximizing screen real estate.

i highly suggest checking it out if only to get ideas.

one cool thing is that it would be fairly easy to color code the grid (sports, movies, series, etc) using this script since, i think, the grid boxes are dynamically created.
@jslawler
about the channel logos, they are usually square here as well.  instead of putting them next to the channel name, i was thinking if a logo is present it would replace the channel name.  this way you would have something like:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>8</span> Image

meh, you get the idea. or if no logo is present it will just go ahead and display like normal, so something like:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>8 fox</span>

that's all i have for now Smile

regards,
los93sol
@jslawler
a few things this time...i compiled your latest updates and even with the up-to-date listing.xml file, it keeps prompting that it is out of date so i say yes, update.  then i get a black screen...not sure if there is a file missing from the svn or why this was happening, but i updated the skin files as well and checked and the mytv.xml file points to the new skin files.

also, i have been thinking through the possibilities for different views, and i remembered seeing something similar to the mock-up i have posted below somewhere, just don't remember where.  i don't know how far you want to expand the gui, but something like this might be nice:

regards,
los93sol
i've done some more fixing of the gui.

names now truncate properly and fit well into the grid boxes.
i've added icon support.
fixed a few bugs.

screenie:
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
wow, this is really coming along nicley. good job jslawler.
when can we expect this to be in the cvs?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sweet... this keeps getting better!

i know this is premature but i'm hoping to maybe plant the seed early...

can you build in hooks so someone would be able to duplicate the tvguide via the xbmc web server?
i'd love to see the grid displayed over the web server, basically use it as a tvguide remote control and have it send http commands to my home automation system, thus the ha system gets the http and sends ir to my tv to change the channel.

this would be amazing!
los93sol,

how is that us grabber script coming along?
did it work properly with those fixes i added to allow other listing.xml files to work.
at the moment im just going through and trying to find possible bugs, and stop them from occurring. i'm also trying to think of a good way for the grabbers to run, and keep the user notified / able to cancel.

i posted questions here cause we always seem to be in irc at different times Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
jslawler & los93sol,

my suggestion...
create a new screen in the settings area called "task manager". think of it like a windows task manager + scheduler. this would be a place to see the running processes and create a schedule to start tasks at a specified time and set triggers based on other processes/tasks starting/stopping. these are what i like to call "events".

what do you think?
hmm..the grabber script is getting there, but i stumbled upon some problems with the xml parsing (yeah, what a surprise). i believe the parser won't accept some characters in the data i have, yet replacing them doesn't help or i do it wrong.

i'll figure it out eventually though, i could make the script done now but it would lack description which i think is kinda nice to have Wink
xbmcscripts.com administrator
just a little status update for those curious. i have almost finished the script, so it now fetches tv listings for american users. i have yet to test the xml it produces, but i am pretty sure it works. i have also yet to test it on the xbox but oh well Wink
xbmcscripts.com administrator
killer dude!! this thing is going to be awesome when its done :kickass:
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Half-finished TV-listings code (XMLTV-GUI)0