• 7(current)
Half-finished TV-listings code (XMLTV-GUI)
:d wow! that is good news indeed, i assumed that you had lost interest in the project or that other things had demanded your attention and the project had been dropped. great to see you are still working on it! i will be hanging around in the irc channel if you or anyone else would like to come chat. i just checked out your updates to the svn, i am wondering, with your latest commits did you "sync" the code to the latest xbmc cvs as well, or should i continue to use 6-20-05 cvs?

regards,
los93sol
hi,

tonight (thursday) and friday night i will not be home till very late so i won't get anything new done. but i have all of next week off work, so i should get lots of free time then.

also, i don't remember what is the latest version it is synced to, but when i have free time (after friday) i will get it working with the latest cvs.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
any news?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'm only one man :p if anyone else wants to contribute to the code they can. if you reply here i can make the latest code available.

i only get a small amount of time during the week to work on this, as i work all day, and have university work to do as well.

i have managed to get the code working with the latest cvs. it was a lot of changes in the underlying code since lots had changed in the main xbmc code.

so at the moment the code is at the stage where if you put a listing.xml file in the right place it will load it in, and allow you to browse the grid.

i am still working on making the code memory leak free Smile

but anyway, that is the current status.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
jslawler,
your work is appreciated, do it on your time when you want to. there is already a python script that works from bigbellybilly if people "need" an epg immediately.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
jslawler: just curious if you got those mem leaks taken care of...haven't seen you around in awhile. also was wondering if you had any updates for the svn? Smile

regards,
los93sol
hey guys, great thread on the tvguide functionality, a couple of comments from an uneducated python coder;

1. a standard ui feel would be ideal for the epg, something that is consistent with the skin (pmiii for me Smile ). i'm sure it would be doable to photoshop up some button images, we just need a list of the ones that are needed and let one of the graphically inclided people shoot at it.

2. i like the idea of incorporating the epg into the base xbmc code base, it should rely on a listing.xml file being present in a location. the grabbing function to populate the epg can then be agnostic of the provider, and just needs to conform to the xmltv standard.

3. there should be a context menu option for the main epg screen and the program detail screen that gives the ability of the user to 'watch' the program. then this hook could call what ever means necessary to watch the show - remote ir commands, etc. in my case using tsreader (dvb app) the watch action could call the tsreader command server to start recording the appropriate channel, and then use the xbmc.play function on the recorded program (due to it allowing recording and playback simultaneously).

anyway just a few comments, i'd really like to see this thread and app go somewhere.

jt
hi people,

some good news and some bad news.
bad news is that my computer is having some problems, and i cant use it at the moment, so i can't build or test any code.

the good news is that before it broke i had pretty much created what i think is a stable tv guide. finally :p

i'll upload the files for people to use if they want to test it, but bare in mind my computer broke while i was coding the grabber manager stuff, so that part may not work completely.

since it may be a little while until i get to do any more coding, ill just upload what i have, and we will see what problems arise.

i need to find somewhere to host the file, which i will do tomorrow, as i have to go now. lossol, maybe send me a pm with your email address so i can send you the files so u can get it to build successfully.
been messing with the tv guide skin a bit...a few screenies...also need some feedback, can't decide...red or blue?

regards,
los93sol
looking at nothing but those 2 screenshots, i would say the blue looks better personally.
is it possible to have different program types (movies, documentaries, soaps etc) show up as different colours? i'm not sure if this would look too messy, though it does seem ok on some of the other screenshots of media centre pcs.

looking forward to this feature, ideally coupled with an automatic xml grabber. used it instead of the ntl digital epg i get in here in the uk back in the days of xbmp.
(hazeh @ oct. 07 2005,05:01 Wrote:looking at nothing but those 2 screenshots, i would say the blue looks better personally.
is it possible to have different program types (movies, documentaries, soaps etc) show up as different colours? i'm not sure if this would look too messy, though it does seem ok on some of the other screenshots of media centre pcs.
i agree blue.

i also would like to see the ability to "color code" different program types like both zap2it and titantv does with thier epgs.
count me in on blue being the color Smile

tv guide and skin looking very good. can't wait to use it myself :kickass:
blue is the right color.

i can't wait to test this. :thumbsup:
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
any word on a beta?
it has been a month without status... is this dead?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Half-finished TV-listings code (XMLTV-GUI)0