Build ordered!
(2012-04-21, 03:39)eskro Wrote: yeah Seppuku, follow my SSD optimization tricks.
avoid any possible un'needed writes to your SSD.
Keep it healthy for a long time!

I read more on this.....

I'ts not just because you want to boot faster..... because either way on mine optimization or normal I boot in 20 seconds....

Optimization is so you don't burn out your SSD with so many unwanted writes....
(2012-04-21, 13:07)Beer40oz Wrote: I'ts not just because you want to boot faster..... because either way on mine optimization or normal I boot in 20 seconds....

Optimization is so you don't burn out your SSD with so many unwanted writes....

exactly, +1
Yeah, I'm familiar. I had to learn a whole bunch of crazy tricks for my gaming rig with its SSD. Had to junction ProgramData and all sorts of other folders from my SSD to my normal HDD that Windows doesn't let you move by default so the OS wouldn't be trashing it. Still worth all the trouble though Wink Should be easier with the HTPC thankfully.

Waiting for shipping is painful. I tried to get the 100m shuriken but it's all sold out on newegg Wink
those cooler fly man!!
So fly you can't buy one anywhere.

Newegg is sold out still, amazon has them but they are ridiculous expensive since it doesn't qualify for free shipping.

Anywhere else you can nab one?
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=FA...0b880adaa3

Built! Everything is working except the power on from the IPazzport Smile

did u enable the feature in the BIOS?
(2012-04-26, 18:01)Seppuku Wrote: Image

Built! Everything is working except the power on from the IPazzport Smile

Go into bios....

check this

about 2:13 shows you how.....

nice nice.... how is the stock cooler? noise wize? and your temps? use something like CPUID Hardwaremonitor.... or something else to checj temps...
I assumed it was a bios setting I was missing, thanks for the pointer!

Stock cooler is fine, it is audible if the room is silent and the TV is not making sounds from my chair (~10 feet away). Can't hear it at all when the TV is actually playing something.

Also in Texas summer, with the air conditioner running 24/7 I could have gotten a much louder fan and never noticed Big Grin

I'll check my temps tonight, I'm also using the 65W power supply since my 90W hasn't been delivered. No problems yet!
Also embarrassingly enough it took me 15 minutes and a youtube video to figure out the damn USB receiver for the Pazzport was INSIDE the keyboard *sigh*
FTW! Seppuku!!!
(2012-04-26, 18:33)Seppuku Wrote: I assumed it was a bios setting I was missing, thanks for the pointer!

Stock cooler is fine, it is audible if the room is silent and the TV is not making sounds from my chair (~10 feet away). Can't hear it at all when the TV is actually playing something.

Also in Texas summer, with the air conditioner running 24/7 I could have gotten a much louder fan and never noticed Big Grin

I'll check my temps tonight, I'm also using the 65W power supply since my 90W hasn't been delivered. No problems yet!

I was testing the 90w supply...... but now I am running the stock 65w no problems....... check out my first post I updated....
you really don't need the 90w if you are not going to stress out the APu....

Like I already said.... I am going to use my 90w brick on my next one because I am going to stress the Apu (cpu) once in a while.....

And yes you can tweak you fan also in bios...... cool and quiet its enabled by default.... you just need to change your targets... (its all on my first page)

I know for a fact your temps are going to be higher because you need a better cooler.....

I am glad you have the air conditioner on (a lot of people the noise will bother them) lol
yeah man, i had to plug/use my old noisy refrigerator to hold my food
in order to enjoy my HTPC since the stock AMD cooler was driven me nutz o.O
the fridge covers it up pretty good now, FTW!!
(2012-04-26, 18:33)Seppuku Wrote: Also embarrassingly enough it took me 15 minutes and a youtube video to figure out the damn USB receiver for the Pazzport was INSIDE the keyboard *sigh*

Now that is funny.......

(2012-04-26, 18:41)eskro Wrote: yeah man, i had to plug/use my old noisy refrigerator to hold my food
in order to enjoy my HTPC since the stock AMD cooler was driven me nutz o.O
the fridge covers it up pretty good now, FTW!!

I kick my fridge out the door!
Yeah the noise isn't a problem. I'll check temps, and if they are running high I may even bump it up to level 2 or 3.

So far I'm loving it. Now I just need to build some huge storage farm for my media somewhere Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build ordered!2