• 131(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
When I want to restore a backup on my RPi4 I get an error. The backup was made 3 days ago. I extracted it successfully on my PC and copied it back.

https://paste.kodi.tv/buxiqajigo.kodi
We are all sitting in the same boat, but we are lucky that not everybody is on our side.
Not sure if @robweber is still maintaining the Backup addon:

Problem with Folder Naming:
Version 1.6.8 included with v21 Kodi Beta 2 (I'm using this on an Amazon Firestick 4K Max).

When I look at the backed up files (either inside the backup zip or the files copied by backup) the folder names under 'addons' and 'addon_data' all have the first character truncated:

Example: Folder script.artistslideshow is backed up as: cript.artistslideshow

Is this correct? I have not tried to restore as I don't want to copy those incorrect folders onto my device. (I assume its a bug)

EDIT: I just installed latest Kodi Win x64 v21 nightly and Backup Version 1.6.8 does not truncate the folder names. I need help on the Android issue.

Thanks
Hi community.

First of all thank you for amazing Kodi app being with us since long time ago. Thanks as well for people who created and maintain the backup add-on too.

I am however, facing some weird behavior when trying to restore the "profile" using this add-on. It just doesn't work and I don't know why...
I have two raspberry pi 5 and want to have same default settings equal on both ones. So I installed libreelec, configure it properly and created a backup using this add-on.
When restoring backup in the second raspberry pi (same libreelec version), it restores everything (add-ons, language settings,...) except Profile.
Indeed, when ssh to the second pi it appears the by default "Master user" one instead of the 2 profiles I have in the backup version.
If I try to overwrite the profile.xml file, once reboot it restores the "master user" one everytime.
Do anyone knows why this is happening and how can be fixed?

Thank you,
Hello!
Thanks for this plugin that saved my time!

I'm using two Android TV box running Kody 20.5. I have the exact same issue as @justhere experienced: Making a full backup and restore from one box to the other, or just a profile specific backup, the restored Kody has all its stuff in there BUT for the profiles!

I have two profiles one the first box and on the second one (where I performed the restore operation many times), only the "Master User" is available.

Because I'm running android stuff I'm not used with, I just don't know how to directly try to copy/paste profiles (and I suppose it won't work as depicted by @JustHere).

I would be happy to have this sorted out Smile

Many thanks
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10