• 30(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
hi. forgive the late response.

many tnx for the info. i will have a look at that.

could you also by any chance tell me how to reduce the screen size? at the moment, when watching something, it appears to be a little too big. i think i need to drag all 4 sides in. any way of doing that? i did look at the tv settings themselves but have no option to change anything
I think what you are looking for can be found under Settings -> System -> Video Output. Read the Wiki for more info on the video calibration options: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...alibration...
appreciate the further reply and info, robweber. will check that out in the morning when i wont be disturbed

just an update for the over-scan issue. i found and corrected that, thanks to your pointing me in the right direction. many tnx for that.

next thing is, i have started getting some 'script errors'. i read that disabling meta data could correct that problem, so will try it. is there anything else i need to look at to remove the issue? is there perhaps updates that need installing? if so, how to i find them and install them?

hope it's ok to ask the extra questions here and many tnx for any advice offered
Sorry for not replying sooner. I had subscribed to this thread, but for some reason only received emails up to the post of 2nd of November.

I did exactly as you described and followed all 5 steps. I tried many times on both systems, but unfortunately no luck. Any chance I can send you the log files in a PM? Maybe it gives further details to find a solution?
Hi. Thanks for the update which backs up and restores the profiles folder. Seems to be working fine.

However, the restore is not restoring the profiles.xml file in the userdata folder. My backed up file has 2 profiles, but after restoring that backup to XBMC, the restored profiles.xml file looks like a default one (just has the master user).
Are you backing up and restoring the "config" files. The profiles.xml file counts as a config file as it is an xml file in the main userdata directory, along with sources, guisettings, and a few others.
Yes, in the addon settings I've selected everything except the custom dirs to back. All other config files backup and restore fine (e.g. advancedsettings, sources, etc).

In fact the profiles.xml does backup correctly (as I check the backup destination) - but just doesn't restore Undecided Had to manually FTP it over in the end. Not the end of the world, just odd behaviour.
I tried some backup/restores on a few computers over the weekend. The profiles.xml file always copied over for me. I know xbmc will refuse the copy over the old files in a few situations though (like if its in use). If you could enable debugging and then try a restore you'll get a good log of what is going on. Upload it to the xbmclogs site and I'll take a look.
Hi All:

I am trying to setup XBMC Backup to use an NFS share on my File server. I can see the share in my browse list, but when I try to go to it, nothing happens. In my XBMC log, I see:

10:43:48 T:3046924816 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://(ipaddress)/usr/local/openelec/
10:43:48 T:3046924816 ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://(ipaddress)/usr/local/openelec/) failed
10:43:49 T:2921145440 ERROR: Failed to open(//) opendir call failed with "Server responded: Program not available"

Any thoughts on what I should check?...

For the record, this is on a Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC 3.2.3 that I am setting up XBMC Backup.

For the moment the permissions on the directory are wide open, but I would like to lock them down, and have not as of yet seen any information on what they should be.

Thanks,
Richard.
Figured my issue out, and everything is working properly now.

Was an issue with NFS settings and directory permissions.

Regards,
Richard.
I'm sorry if this has been answered a million times before, I did do a search but couldn't find an answer to my questions.

I made a back up of my windows config, and the restored this onto a fresh android install.

The add-on ran as expected, and everything seems to have been copied over, including all my add-ons.

The only thing that does not seem to have been installed are the settings of each add-on. They are all at their default states.

Is this usual, or is there something I should be doing to get these to restore also?

Thanks in advance
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Did you also backup and restore the addon settings? By default backing up addon data is not turned on, you have to go into the addon settings and select "Addon Data" to back this data up.
Hi robweber

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm 99% sure that I enabled all of options, but I'll double check when I can.

If I have this option enabled you would expect all the add-on settings to be transferred too then?

Yes they should copy. Its important you enable it both on the device you are backing up and on the one you are restoring to.
Yes, that's where I was going wrong.

Add-on data was enabled on the device I was backing up, but not on the one I was restoring!

School boy error on my part.

Thank you for your help, and a great addon!

• 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10