• 6(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Hello! I installed this addon last night cuz of the easy way to have a backup. It runs perfectly until around 75% where the script get stuck and restart my ATV2 (to the apple menu), and it does not take a full backup, tried a few times and its still getting stuck at 75%. I'll post a log when I get back home.

Im running the Neon skin btw.

EDIT: I saw some of u ppl got this addon to run automatic at some specific time, how do I activate that?
Thanks!

I "seem" to have backed up my iPad and ATV2 as I watched the script capture all the data. I am backing up to my NAS and have browsed to the new directory created for the backups. I have saved the settings!. The capture closes but then I cannot find a B/U file either on the NAS or in the local directories. So, before I start trying to be more technical than I am, could someone please tell me whether I am looking for a file called "xbmc_backup" or something else? Is there a default location somewhere that it could have been put in?

Thanks
Just as an FYI to everyone I am still monitoring this addon. The development has dropped off as of late due to me just being too busy with other stuff. If anyone posts some debug logs I'd be happy to take a look. It seems that file path errors are very common and most likely the result of little issues that are unique to individuals.

Normal Behavior -
After setting the path you should see a file called xbmc_backup (or whatever you called yours) with the contents of your profile directory (with whatever options you've selected). It is just a straight file copy from one location to the other, granted you must have read/write permissions to that location from xbmc.

If this isn't happening - look at the logs. There are logs generated in the xbmc.log file.

Running Automatically -
If you want to try setting up this script (or any script really) to run automatically you can check out this project: https://github.com/robweber/cronxbmc - it is not done and completely unsupported, although it does work. I suck at GUI development and just couldn't find a willing hand to help finish it. For instructions read the README or see this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=cronxbmc
My name is jan i have adapted many addons and scripts from main eden for xbmc4xbox!

this is a nice script is where exellent have it on xbmc4xbox to!

on your script is a json rpc call but on xbmc4xbox we have no json rpc api.
please can you help

Regards Jan (skatulskijean)
(2012-07-11, 23:09)robweber Wrote: If this isn't happening - look at the logs. There are logs generated in the xbmc.log file.

I have captured a log file relating to my posting above. Should I paste it here or just reference the pastebin link?

Thanks
(2012-07-16, 21:51)pdeseymour Wrote:
(2012-07-11, 23:09)robweber Wrote: If this isn't happening - look at the logs. There are logs generated in the xbmc.log file.

I have captured a log file relating to my posting above. Should I paste it here or just reference the pastebin link?

Thanks

pastebin link would be the best. reading through log files in the forum is kind of a pain (and somewhat annoying to everyone else). Thanks for checking!
(2012-07-17, 17:35)robweber Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 21:51)pdeseymour Wrote:

Thanks

pastebin link would be the best. reading through log files in the forum is kind of a pain (and somewhat annoying to everyone else). Thanks for checking!

OK, here's my log. http://pastebin.com/2bV20ruY I can see errors but don't know what they mean. To recap my previous post, the app seems to collect all the data but when it finishes, I can't find the file. I have tried to save in a number of locations and have checked write access on the NAS. Any pointers gratefully received!
Hey robweber, here's my log that you asked about, it still restarts itself during the backup.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5183

Thanks in advice!
I've just discover you addon and it's very usefull !!!

But I have an issue when trying to backup my playlists, other backups are OK.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5185

I think the issue is due to accented characters but my playlists seems OK :

cartoons.xsp
enfants.xsp
films.xsp
parents.xsp

After some debugging, it's like parents.xsp is considered as directory and walkTree function try to scan movies.

I have put some debug info in
Code:
def addFile(self,filename):
        #write the full remote path name of this file
        print("Add file %s" %filename)
        self.fileArray.append(filename)

and get this output in log file :

Code:
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup: Starting
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup: Local Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\mibertho\Application Data\XBMC\
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup: Remote Dir: C:\XBMC\xbmc_backup/
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup: Remote Path exists - may have old files in it!
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file -userdata
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file -userdata/playlists
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file -userdata\playlists\mixed\
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file -userdata\playlists\music\
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file -userdata\playlists\video\
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file -userdata\playlists\video\enfants.xsp
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file \XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\video.zip/
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file Et Chats - La Revanche De Kitty Galore/Comme Chiens Et Chats - La Revanche De Kitty Galore.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file  GaHoole/Le Royaume de GaHoole.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file e Gulliver/Les voyages de Gulliver.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file es pingouins/M Popper et ses pingouins.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file maduke.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file  le chasseur solitaire/Croc blanc et le chasseur solitaire.avi
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file e renard/L enfant et le renard.avi
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file /Meche blanche.avi
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file sion G.avi
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file fs/Les schtroumpfs.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file  et les Chipmunks.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file  et les Chipmunks 2\Alvin et les Chipmunks 2.mkv
14:56:46 T:2336  NOTICE: Add file  et les Chipmunks 3\Alvin et les Chipmunks 3.mkv

And my enfants.xsp file is not backuped Sad
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
@Hampfred

I tried to look at your log file but there was nothing displaying in that link. The xbmc pastebin site loaded but the content area was empty. mikebzh44's link worked so I don't think it was the site, or my computer.

@mikebzh44

By default XBMC tries to recurse into compressed file types and read what is in them. Apparently this includes smart playlist (xsp) type files; so the entries you are seeing are actually the results of your smart playlist. For the purposes of this addon files like zip and xsp need to be treated as files and copied instead of as a directory. I've added some logic to the virtual file system library that will check the file extensions on these files and treat them as a file instead. This should fix your issue. I've asked for a pull from the xbmc repo so within a day or two expect an update (or pull from github now)

I've also added a logging option in the settings (false by default) to make log gathering a little easier.
Thanks for you quickness Wink

I'll try it as soon as repository will be updated.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2012-07-18, 17:36)robweber Wrote: @Hampfred

I tried to look at your log file but there was nothing displaying in that link. The xbmc pastebin site loaded but the content area was empty. mikebzh44's link worked so I don't think it was the site, or my computer.

So sorry, here's a working one.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5228

(2012-07-18, 00:24)pdes Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 17:35)robweber Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 21:51)pdeseymour Wrote: I have captured a log file relating to my posting above. Should I paste it here or just reference the pastebin link?

Thanks

OK, here's my log. http://pastebin.com/2bV20ruY I can see errors but don't know what they mean. To recap my previous post, the app seems to collect all the data but when it finishes, I can't find the file. I have tried to save in a number of locations and have checked write access on the NAS. Any pointers gratefully received!

Hi robweber, have you had a chance to look at my log yet? Cheers,
@pdeseymour - I took at look at your logs. You have multiple entries that all look roughly like this:

Code:
20:14:49 T:190119936   ERROR: Create - Error( Read-only file system )
20:14:49 T:190119936   ERROR: Create - Error creating smb://SUNDOWN/Main/XBMC Plugins and Backup/xbmc_backup/

As you can probably guess if the files can't be written to your network location there is no way you're going to find them. Some kind of permissions issue that's for sure. Might have to do with what username you are using in XBMC to access that share.

@Hampfred

Looking back at your posts it sounds like you just aren't sure where the backup files are going - is this right? According to what I can see the location you set is:

nfs://192.168.0.102/c/backup/XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/

I see lots of logs that look like this
Code:
02:22:59 T:142217216 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com/addon.xml
02:22:59 T:142217216   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file c/backup/XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com/addon.xml

That indicates to me that files are being written. Is that the case?

Note to everyone waiting on new version - I had to change the icon.png image to not use transparency so I had to resubmit my pull. The image guidelines must have changed, or it was just not getting noticed this whole time. Sorry for the delay.

@Hampfred

Looking back at your posts it sounds like you just aren't sure where the backup files are going - is this right? According to what I can see the location you set is:

nfs://192.168.0.102/c/backup/XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/

I see lots of logs that look like this
Code:
02:22:59 T:142217216 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com/addon.xml
02:22:59 T:142217216   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file c/backup/XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/addons/metadata.albums.allmusic.com/addon.xml

That indicates to me that files are being written. Is that the case?

Note to everyone waiting on new version - I had to change the icon.png image to not use transparency so I had to resubmit my pull. The image guidelines must have changed, or it was just not getting noticed this whole time. Sorry for the delay.
[/quote]

Correct, my backup path is nfs://192.168.0.102/c/backup/XBMC Backup/xbmc_backup/

Yes the files are being written but it crashes around 70-80% and all the written backup dissapear. Due the backup is around a month ago. The ever frist backup with this addon.

Do I need to change path everytime? Or how should I do?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10