XBMC 11 with HD audio issues....slow motion, no sound
I installed xbmc with hd audio so I could bitstream the lossless audio from my mkv's. The setup is default but with the hd audio enabled in the settings. Vlc can play the files fine but without the hd audio due to lack of support. This leads me to believe it is some setting in xbmc. My system consists of:
Amd x6 1090t
8gb ddr3
Sapphire radeon 6450 w/1gb
Win7 x64
Xbmc version eden

I just got the video card so if that card isn't sufficient, I can still exchange it. Please help. Thanks.
I just tried something. When playing a movie, I switched from the lossless HD audio format to the core one and the video went smooth and the audio started. This has something to do with the HD audio. Is there something lacking in my hardware setup that could be causing this?
Hey JeffKnob.
Have you already found a solution for your problem. I have the same problem with a Sapphire Radeon 5450. This problem appears just when i choose a high definition audio. When I choose normal dts or ac3 the movie plays very smooth.
(2012-06-28, 20:30)jerome.roscher Wrote: Hey JeffKnob.
Have you already found a solution for your problem. I have the same problem with a Sapphire Radeon 5450. This problem appears just when i choose a high definition audio. When I choose normal dts or ac3 the movie plays very smooth.

The issue seems to be related to what the computer is connected to. When i run things through my Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver, I get the slow video no matter which computer I use. When I run through my Onkyo TX-NR708 receiver, it all works great. I think there is some sort of issue with the communication between the computer and some components. I don't know enough about how HDMI works to know anything more.
Hm...very strange behaviour. Before this official HD audio support release I used an older Eden Release with HD audio support. This was not an official one but this version works fine. With the new version I can not watch movies with hd audio Sad
Sorry for my english.
Some members both here and at AVSforums have been experiencing HDMI issues (handshake problems between devices). Have a look here for a possible solution http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-o...-ati-5xxxs. I don't know how it works or what is required, mine just works thankfully, but other users have used it with some success - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131237&page=13 post #124 and 125. You might also want to try the settings in post #123 just as a double check.

Hope this helps.
I've had this issue. On both PC's it was a matter of selecting the right output device. I think I had to use DirectSound instead of WASAPI (what is that?).
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
In testing of Frodo with HD audio... I found that I had to configure the following under Settings->Video->Playback

Adjust Display Refresh Rate To Match Video - Enabled
Sync playback to display - Disabled
I don't think that this are issues between devices, because when I play a video with HD Audio on Media Player classic on this PC, it works fine. No slow motion video Wink Maybe it is just an issue of my PC but in my opinion it ist very strange because the HD-Audio playback works with other players. I have the problems only with XBMC. I tried XBMC 12 but have the same problem...
(2012-08-19, 15:09)jerome.roscher Wrote: I don't think that this are issues between devices, because when I play a video with HD Audio on Media Player classic on this PC, it works fine. No slow motion video Wink Maybe it is just an issue of my PC but in my opinion it ist very strange because the HD-Audio playback works with other players. I have the problems only with XBMC. I tried XBMC 12 but have the same problem...
You can check out this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... and follow instructions in setup section....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
HD audio requires use of the WASAPI drivers (not DirectSound) and in Windows audio device properties on the last tab (Advanced) be sure the two checkboxes are checked.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-06-28, 20:41)JeffKnob Wrote: The issue seems to be related to what the computer is connected to. When i run things through my Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver, I get the slow video no matter which computer I use. When I run through my Onkyo TX-NR708 receiver, it all works great. I think there is some sort of issue with the communication between the computer and some components. I don't know enough about how HDMI works to know anything more.

I was able to get my TX-SR606 to work with HD audio. I had to do a clean install and make sure to install the Intel Management software and Intel HD3000 video graphics driver. After that, all is well... audio wise.
(2012-08-21, 22:22)Julestop Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 20:41)JeffKnob Wrote: The issue seems to be related to what the computer is connected to. When i run things through my Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver, I get the slow video no matter which computer I use. When I run through my Onkyo TX-NR708 receiver, it all works great. I think there is some sort of issue with the communication between the computer and some components. I don't know enough about how HDMI works to know anything more.

I was able to get my TX-SR606 to work with HD audio. I had to do a clean install and make sure to install the Intel Management software and Intel HD3000 video graphics driver. After that, all is well... audio wise.
Great job....when in doubt, clean installation is always the best solution.....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I can confirm with WASAPI HDMI selected in the Settings-->System->Audio i was able to get it working again .. i had the same issue.. the video was slow and no audio. Thanks!
I do not believe Bitstreaming is the issue, as other programs play the files just fine. On my system only files that have HD audio over HDMI cause this. If i switch XBMC to SPDIF mode (while still connected physically via HDMI) it works fine and my receiver plays the DTS-HD stream.

Its been an issue in the nightlys for almost all of August, hopefully they will have it fixed soon, I imagine they are aware of the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11 with HD audio issues....slow motion, no sound0