Sound sometimes fails to initialize - please help!
Sad 
Hello.
I'm having a wierd issue with the sound on XBMC (Eden).
Whenever I start a movie, every now and then (about once every six times) there is no sound.
If I go into the sound options and switch from digital to analog and then back to digital it seems to kick the sound into action.

My system is running Windows 7 64-bit, and is set to output digital sound via co-ax using the WASAPI driver.

If anyone could suggest a fix, I would be extremely grateful. I have tried everything to sort this out and it is starting to become irritating!!!

Thanks in advance.
Dan
Cough, ahem...
*bump*
Anybody?
Hey mate - not sure you're going to get much dev support on Dharma - time to update?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ah, my bad! I am actually running Eden now (and the problem persists).
I'm going to retcon the original post. Thanks for the tip!
Big Grin
Two things: try disabling all windows sounds, and also go to the devices properties in Win, go to the advanced tab, and ensure that the checkboxes "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" are both checked.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the tip!
The sound settings are fine, but I'll try turning off the windows sounds (I just chose "No Sounds" as my sound scheme, right?)
I'll let you know how I get on...
Smile
Dan
Hello!
I did exactly as you said and the problem still persists (configured the drivers and disabled the sounds in Windows).

Any other ideas as to what might be causing it?
Is there any way I can get XBMC to output some kind of debug log?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dan
Debug Log or better yet http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127108

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound sometimes fails to initialize - please help!0