Slow Database since EDEN (even rebuilding it)
Exclamation 
Hello guys,

Everything was running smooth till I decided to upgrade to EDEN.
I use mysql database cause of all the clients (EDEN) I have at home. Ubuntu, Windows 7, Windows XP and IOS.
The database query is not slow but the "showing" is... took 1minute and 38 seconds to show the query below:

01:17:22 T:7124 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 2926 ms for 1873 items query: select * from movieview

What can be the cause of such slowness?
I rebuilt the database, not all, just a part and it's as slow as the previous with everything in it.
The query as you can see is not slow.

HELP!

Thanks.
The rest of the log probably tells the story. Use pastebin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks.
I will. I think that changing to AEON NOX made it quicker. The slowness is in the "viewing" part of the thing.
Later today when I reach home I will paste the log.
Olá jmarshall.

Sorry for the delay.

Here is the log from the ACER ASPIRE REVO 3600 running XBMCbuntu on 100mbits lan:

http://pastebin.com/gPm6zjZk

Here is the log from the Toshiba S11 Laptop running XBMC 11.0 on Wireless connected at 58mbits:

http://pastebin.com/aMf5sDdC

Thanks.
Do you share thumbnails? If so, that could be it.

Otherwise, it's simply due to the network lag - the movies request will see a further 2000-odd (number of movies) queries done synchronously, which will take time on a system with quite a large lag (wireless for ex).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes I share the Thumbs in a network share.
Hmmmm...
Then I guess I have no ther chance then wait ...
You can temp remove that part of the advancedsettings.xml file to see if that's the issue, or at least how much of the issue it might be.
Hello.

I took your advice and deleted everything from the advancedsettings.xml.
The only thing that stayed was the mysql connection. No thumbs redirection.
The results in the log below:
http://pastebin.com/fjb2BaGZ

As you can see it's faster. There's a slight difference between the 2 skins that could be the wireless connection.
The real bad thing about the wait is how XBMC presents itself. It looks like it crashed ... you get the theater background on Confluence without any warning or info that XBMC is getting the results from the database and in AEON NOX you get a black screen which is even worst (but that's a skin problem). Maybe a info message should be shown to the audience? In Windows 7 x64 for example if we start clicking it asks if you want to wait or close the application!!!
I hope you check this jmarshall Smile

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Database since EDEN (even rebuilding it)0