Airplay Live stream stuttering
Hi,

Just downloaded and installed xbmc Eden for Windows and set up airplay. I found that on play content from iPhone 4, e.g. recorded video (720p), the video would play fine. However, when I Airplay a live stream from phone, e.g. in NBA gametime app or NBC News. The video would plays for about 9 secs, stutter, rebuffer and play for another 9 sec or so and make the live stream unwatchable. When I look at the progress bar on screen, it seems the buffer would fill up to certain point and stop filling up until video play catch up, then it pause until the video buffer fill up again. The progress would repeat over and over hence the stuttering.

Is this a known issue or limitation. I searched through the forum and didn't quite find an answer for it.

TIA!

I'm having the exact same issue with the new iPad and I'm connected on WiFi via a 5GHz connection sitting in the same room as the router.

Anybody know how to remedy this? I don't see any option in XBMC or the iPad to increase the buffer size.

Also, is this issue prevalent if you use the Apple TV instead of a media PC with XBMC?
Internet streams are normally not streamed from ipad to xbmc, but only the remote url is transfered and xbmc connects to it directly (else it would put a lot of load onto the wlan, because ipad would need to fetch the internet stream and push it to xbmc - both using the wlan bandwith). So it might be a slow stream or XBMC doesn't handle the codec very well, or XBMC has not the best internet connection or or or or not... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-25, 03:11)manu08 Wrote: I'm having the exact same issue with the new iPad and I'm connected on WiFi via a 5GHz connection sitting in the same room as the router.

Anybody know how to remedy this? I don't see any option in XBMC or the iPad to increase the buffer size.

Also, is this issue prevalent if you use the Apple TV instead of a media PC with XBMC?

Airplaying same stream on Apple TV works perfectly. looking at the filename info in xbmc when stream is playing, these are .ts streams and looks like they are small chunks of files going from one to next since you can see the file/stream name changing, but it is just played broken up insteading on continuously.
I've got this same problem on mine, and it's pretty annoying. I notice it when I'm trying to push spotify (audio) streams. Happens on both XBMCbuntu boxes, one hooked up through ethernet and one through WiFi. I stream from iPad and iPhone, both on a 5ghz 300mbps max signal. The same thing works fine through Apple TV.

Are there any buffer size settings for Airplay in XBMC?
Same here when listening to RDIO on my iPAD. Stutters on XBMCbuntu, also tried OpenElec and same thing there. Sometimes it just stops completely. (Using Acer Revo 3610)

When I use airplay to my windows pc that has shairport4w installed I have no problems at all. I also noticed that it takes me a lot longer when I change the volume on the XBMC machine than on the pc using shairport4w.

All tests were made from an iPad2

I also noticed I have no such issue when playing video.
I just wanted to follow up on this post. I was also having occasional router problems while using Airplay to the Apple TV, and I came to find out this was a "problem" with the "CTF" feature in the Linksys E4200 router. I went into the router settings and disabled CTF under Administration > Management, and that problem went away. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I haven't noticed the problem under XBMC anymore either.
Any News on this?
I don't have this CTF Feature on my router, I guess it's an Linksys only feature!?

I'm using Frodo_alpha 4 and an iPhone4s with iOS 5.1.1.

Any Comments and help appreciated!

*edit*

streaming of youtube content works without any problems, also does spotify audio.
what doesn't work is streaming from apps like ufc.tv...
I bet it doesn't work on the native airplay / appletv2 aswell. There are streams which don't work (mostly you get audio only then). Nothing we can do about.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your answer, I'm trying to get my hands on an apple tv 2 to check that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay Live stream stuttering0