Win Group movies by set
Question 
I have just re-installed XMBC, and during set-up turned on the option to "Group Movies by Set"
I have just noticed it is putting some movies into sets (eg cars) but not others
I checked the "manual for XBMC and have removed the moves from the library and rescanned - to no avail
Is there a way of manually configuring the movies to be scanned in to groups/collections
I have 32 movies of Abbott and Costello, plus several movies which have remakes, whic I want groups into their own sets.

I am also having an issue with the TV Series "The Munsters" where is is scanned as "The Munsters Today" - not what I want
I am guessing I could use a similar solution for the movies to fix the TV show issue ?

Any help would be appreciated
Just a quick addition :

I am using the "Confluence" skin, and most collections are being sorted correctly - it's only a few Movie series that are not being sorted into collection correctly (Like Abbot and Costello, Planet Of The Apes, Sister Act, Clash Of the Titans)

I have corrected folder and file names where possible but still not sorting correctly.
For doing movie sets download the XWMM program (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643) then go to settings->network-> and change the interface to XWMM.

Then in a web browser use the ip address of your pc followed by the port number you set up, for example mine is... 192.168.1.108:8090

This will load a webpage where you can add movies to any set you want or create your own, it will also show a red cross next to films it hasn't scanned in correctly to the library.
I made myself a '3D Films' set and put all 3D films in it.

Darren
This is probably a really dumb question : does it matter is it is installed on the same machine as XBMC ?

I am guessing it doesn't, but prefer to be sure as I have a huge media library (900+ movies plus 500+ tv shows and documentaries)
I have answered my own (dumb) question Laugh

Thanks for the info about XWMM - it seems to be ideal, exactly what I need

The only thing I can't find is how to add movies to the collections I have created - I can crate the collection names with ease, just filling them is the hard part Confused

I have tried the usual stuff - clicking and dragging, even right-clicking - but can't see how.

Maybe I'm going insane, or looking for the wrong option.

Is there a wiki or manual on using XWMM
Love the add=on, works very well and is pretty easy to use.

I just got myself all 8 of the " Up!" series; the docs wherein a guy interviews people every 7 years, starting at age 7.

Of 8 episodes, only 7 made it into the correct group. the 8th is very new, so I wasn't too surprised it didn't get added to the Group. But it got to thinking: is there a database that this feature references? If so, can I add this 8th episode to the database so folks in the future won't also have to go through this?
The movie database that you're scraper uses determines what's in set and what isn't... really new stuff might take a while to get tagged with a set, but when it does.. a simple re-scrape will tag your.nfo with the set name. You can manually edit the .nfo and insert the set tags <set>movie set collection</set> (you need to export as separate files, edit; then do a local refresh to pull in the edited .nfo) ) or use a 3rd party program like XWMM to add it directly.

Note: a new scraper 'Universal Scraper' allows for split scrapes from different databases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Group movies by set0