Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.
I'm looking to setup/test XBMC as a frontend to my MediaPortal installation and I have a few questions.
1) Do I start with the release version of Eden (11.0) or do I need a special version with the PVR stuff in it?
2) Is this where I get the most current version of the TVServer plugin I need
or is there an official version?
3) Does this solution also work with non-windows versions of XBMC?
Also - is there any TV functionality lost when switching to a XBMC frontend?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
Thanks in advance
Initial setup questions
Joined: Jan 2012
2012-04-21 17:22 Post: #1
(This post was last modified: 2012-04-21 17:37 by ianc.)
Joined: Nov 2011
2012-04-22 09:27 Post: #2
1) You need a PVR version of Eden, as PVR is not yet official. For Windows + MediaPortal is the best option here:
3) I haven't tested myself, but if you use PVR version of XBMC on any platform, you can connect with your TV server on Windows. I personally use tvheadend, which runs on Linux, and I can connect to it on Windows. May be different for MediaPortal though.
Regarding TV functionality: As I've heard, MediaPortal is an advanced media center. XBMC PVR is still in development and there may be features missing that are already in MediaPortal, but I've never used MediaPortal, so I can't really tell.