Importing Library doesn't import the resume positions
I just did several tests. Exporting library both as a single file and or seperate files, I see that the resume positions are well exported and are in the xml or .nfo files
<resume>
<position>308.036011</position>
<total>1288.000000</total>
</resume>

The problem is that when you import the xml library or do a scan where the library reads the .nfo files, in both cases it doesn't import the resume positions.
They are kind of important information being dropped here.
Looking at the code it looks like XBMC reads the <resume> tag on Import but it doesn't store it into the database. Might be worth discussing if this should be added or not. If we export it, we should also import it I guess.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yes please. When you want to export and import a library, you want all the information be preserved.
I have to say that I very much liked the seperate files export. It's real powerful and makes your library portable. If you change a path or a system,
you can easily scan again and they are read from the .nfo files. Only if the resume positions were imported too.

By the way, when you address this, there should also be a way to export the resume positions for the files that are not in your library and
only visible in the file view. Both in the single and separate modes. Thank you.
Ok, I finally learned how to export the XBMC database including all of its files with resume points intact. If you know a shorter way, please let us know.

open userdata\Database\MyVideos60.db with
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

choose File->Export->Database.
This will create a text file. Open it in a text editor and use find and replace to change all the old media paths to the new ones.
Now use File->Import->Database and import that modified text file.
Save the new database and put it back in the Database folder.

If you want to have your views intact, do the same thing with ViewModes4.db.

I did play with this also
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Path_substitution
But it didn't work. The method I showed moves everything.
(2012-04-22, 00:43)Zodler Wrote: Yes please. When you want to export and import a library, you want all the information be preserved.
I have to say that I very much liked the seperate files export. It's real powerful and makes your library portable. If you change a path or a system,
you can easily scan again and they are read from the .nfo files. Only if the resume positions were imported too.
Yup I agree on that.

(2012-04-22, 00:43)Zodler Wrote: By the way, when you address this, there should also be a way to export the resume positions for the files that are not in your library and
only visible in the file view. Both in the single and separate modes. Thank you.

That's something completely different. First of all the export functionality is called "Export video database" and not "Export video files" so the name already tells you that it will only export details for media you have scanned to your library/database. Second of all where would you store those exported NFOs for non-existing files? So I'm pretty sure this is not gonna happen for quite a while.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I created PR895 to import resume points when reading an NFO.
Thank you , I read a comment like this:
Quote:I'm against exporting and importing resume points it could be months later that you need tip reimport a file or maybe even a different PC and the information would be way way way out of date and your stuck with it unless you do the overwrite old files on export

I totaly disagree here. A few months old library is the user's problem and the bad behaviour of not backing up regularly. If you want to say that the resume points could be out of date, you can say the same thing for many other things like the database being out of date and things not corresponding to your media.
It could be added as an advanced setting, after all, watched status isn't imported by default so I don't think "partially watched" status should be either (but it should be an option).
Looking at the code it seems like actions like "Update library" and "Refresh" (on single items) import the watched status depending on advancedsettings.xml but when using "Import video database" it does not care about that setting and stores the playcount/watched status read from the NFO into the database. I haven't really tested this, it's just what I read from the code.
I kind of agree with some of the posters on PR895... storing/importing resume information in the .NFOs is probably a bad idea, unless there's some option to disable reading it advancedsettings.xml.

What ISN'T a bad option is importing the resume info from the single file backup. The resume information is stored in videodb.xml, it's just ignored when you import that file which seems so wrong that I think it's a bug. It would be like ignoring the watched status or playcounts on an import.
Considering the line between File and Library in XBMC is getting more blurry, being able to export/import that information for just files might be worth exploring.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing Library doesn't import the resume positions0