Linux configuring xbmc svn issue
Hello out there guys,

I have my xbmc(buntu) up and running, but still have a little understanding thingy.
Sorry for my english it,s not my native language but I, ll do my best.-

I have read the configuring tutorial
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Configuring_XBMC_Live

And I could not figure out what to do in section 9 and 12, I do understand what it says but don't know where to look for them files, well it says SVN but after googling still don't know.
So that is why I ignored section 11 (diskmount)

Also don't know/understand the words/commands in section 12 what to do with and where? Smile

Many thanks

Sorry if I placed the thread in a wrong section..

It dosn't answer your question, but you could use an easier method: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141369
Automatic disk mounting is integrated into the script. The wiki page is somewhat outdated.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
That page is very outdated. XBMC is no longer maintained on an SVN repo and has since moved to a git repo.

What specific things were you trying to configure in XBMCbuntu? While that page is outdated, we can tell you the new information here.
Did you install ubuntu and XBMC form scratch, or did you use XBMCubuntu (http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/?lang=en)? If you're using XBMCubuntu there is no need for modifications like described in the wiki page. All required modifications have already been done.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
hi guys thanx for the reply, there are actually two things as I mentioned which is section twelve
12 Enable xbmc to execute power-related DBUS calls

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.set-powersave

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate

polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable

and the other bit which is I think it,s important it is below
it says grab the file ... from SVN

Ok now if SVN is no longer supported than where do I get them files? Smile
Sorry I m new to linux and don t want to mess it up, cos it was hard for me to make it up and running especially with the wireless driver Smile

9 Create XBMC init.d start script and related helpers

Grab the file "xbmc" from SVN and save it in /etc/init.d. Make it executable and create a symlink in the /etc/rc2.d directory:

ln -s ../init.d/xbmc S50xbmc

Grab the files runXBMC.sh, diskmounter, setAlsaVolumes.py, installXBMC.py from SVN and save them in /usr/bin. Then make the executable by using chmod -x on all of them.
(2012-10-07, 19:36)Bram77 Wrote: Did you install ubuntu and XBMC form scratch, or did you use XBMCubuntu (http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/?lang=en)? If you're using XBMCubuntu there is no need for modifications like described in the wiki page. All required modifications have already been done.

Yes I did install it from scratch downloaded the iso from xbmc.org.

The thing is at the moment the box is sitting on my desk until it works fine everything Smile so and have a couple of thing for example the shut down button does not work, and as I read the mentioned tut it says how to execute power-related DBUS calls like the shut down button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
configuring xbmc svn issue0