Home window recently added videos will not play
Hi,

Using confluence on Eden on W764. Same issue is reproduced in other skins.

On home Screen, with recently added enabled, so I have a few tv shows and movies showing up on top of the menu. They will not play when I hit "enter" on them. They play fine when accessed via the library. Why?

Here is the log, which was taken using Quartz skin. I contacted the skin developer, who suggested I try confluence. I got the same issue. If you need a log in confluence I can get one, but regardless, the behavior is the same across all skins.

http://pastebin.com/ExgGHwpd

Thanks!
I've seen this happen from time to time as well. In my case it was because the files were no longer there or the file-server was offline. What I find interesting in your log is the path to the file when it tries to play it.

Code:
\Sayulitaserver\TV Shows\Awake\Season 01\Awake - 1x08 - Nightswimming.mkv

When above that in the log it finds it with a path of:

Code:
\\Sayulitaserver\TV Shows\Awake\Season 01\Awake - 1x08 - Nightswimming.mkv
(2012-04-22, 17:18)kricker Wrote: I've seen this happen from time to time as well. In my case it was because the files were no longer there or the file-server was offline. What I find interesting in your log is the path to the file when it tries to play it.

Code:
\Sayulitaserver\TV Shows\Awake\Season 01\Awake - 1x08 - Nightswimming.mkv

When above that in the log it finds it with a path of:

Code:
\\Sayulitaserver\TV Shows\Awake\Season 01\Awake - 1x08 - Nightswimming.mkv

So why would it be doing that? \\sayulitaserver\TV Shows\ is the correct address.

I only have TV Shows and Movies as sources. The server is online, and the file is there, because I can play it through the library. The skin finds the correct episode artwork and everything...

I tried deleting the sources and putting them back in, and have the same issue.

I'm not sure yet why it is doing that. My log shows the sources with a smb:// in front of them. How did you add the sources?
Manually, actually.

If I go to add sources, and select SMB, XBMC hangs and has to be force-closed. I've left it for hours... nothing happens. Howerver if I just type it in manuall "//sayulitaserver/tv shows/" then it adds it just fine.

Probably all the same problem, then.

BUT.... if I add the source manually, and it works, then why would it not work globally? Doesn't seem to make much sense. Either it knows where the files are, or it doesn't.
We should figure out why browsing Samaba isn't working for you as well.

Can you detail the exact steps on how you manually added the paths? I will try to replicate.
Ok, I fixed it (part of it)

- First I re-installed XBMC (just to ensure I didn't have corrupt files or something)
- Then I went to my video sources, and hit EDIT.
- They were in as "\\sayulitaserver\tv shows\" and "\\sayulitaserver\movies\"
- I gathered from some searching that the source should look like "smb://sayulitaserver/tv shows", but because I had entered it in manually, I caused my own problems
- I figured I would try to browse for the smb shares again. So I went to BROWSE
- As usual, XBMC locked up. I went for a walk.
- I came back, and bingo, some shares! Except... I have at least 100 instances of "sayulita", and another 100 of "sayulitaserver" and 100 of "vin-laptop", etc etc, for every computer in my house. The list is literally thousands of items long. I can scroll for ages.
- I clicked on some random instance of "sayulitaserver". instantly, all my shares on that server pop up, and I selected movies, and it was done. Did the same for TV (had to take another walk - it took about 30 minutes
- Now, all my movies were DOUBLE. TV shows were ok. So I cleaned library. No dice. All were playable. weirdness.....
- I deleted both sources from the videos menu.
- Still, all my movies remained in the library. I double checked in sources, there were none. WTF...
- So I went to my userdata folder and deleted my video db file, and the sources.xml
- Now, finally, my library was empty
- I re-added my smb sources by browsing like before, letting it load the HUGE list of servers (which is only 5 actual servers), added the shares, and let it all scrape away.
- Finally, everything works.

Seriously... what is going on??

Wow no wonder it takes so long to browse the smb server list. There must be something wrong with host OS newtorking or the servers. What do you see when browsing the network in the OS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home window recently added videos will not play0