Some movies stutter, crash
Hi there

Few days ago I jailbroke my ATV2 (well, sort of - seas0npass updated the ATV2 to the newest version of software, which can't be jailbroken; that's my fault, but on the other hand - why does seas0npass has even that option as default? Because of that now I have tethered JB) which was waiting for that for a month, and I started migration from my XBMC install on Scaleo-E under Vista.

Generally it works fine, but I'm having some troubles with few movies. In the log (link and all other details below) there are details for 3 files (mediainfo output links below):

1. 3:10 to Yuma - all fine, just for reference
2. Monsters - stutters. Few times a minute framerate drops to ~15, from time to time 'buffering' window appears and after buffering playback works fine for few seconds. During the stutter I can see on home cinema that audio link is dropped.
3. Black Hawk Down - crashes XBMC every time. It is my favourite movie to test audio quality, so I used it at the very beginning after install, and it crashed after few seconds (probably every time at the same point, but I'm not sure). I tried to seek video to after that moment, but crash again. The log ends with the crash. A friend of mine told me that there are some problems with SMB subsystem so I switched to NFS, but no help.

I don't have any problems like that with XBMC on Windows (same network, same connections, same NAS).

Any ideas? Let me know if I can provide any more details.

XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/HAhfbPy3

Details:
AppleTV 2:
  • model MC572LL/A
  • software 5.0 (4099) - I believe that's iOS 5.1
  • Connections: HDMI to display, TOSLINK to 5.1 amp, gigabit ethernet to NAS

XBMC:
  • XBMC 11.0 Git: 20120331-ebfd899
  • Installed according to a forum post about installing XBMC 11.0 under iOS 5.1

Movies
Monsters is an XVID HD video which won't play back smoothly on atv2 as in the iOS FAQ. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...AQ#Formats
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Oh, now that's a bummer :/ Thanks for the heads up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some movies stutter, crash0