[WIP] Keymap config
Got inspired by the flirc blog post so I made this quick prototype, and it turned out to work. It lets you configure buttons through the gui. (just to be clear: this is unrelated to flirc and should work with keyboard, remotes and any other devices).

I'm thinking of adding a wizard style menu because it can become quite cluttery sometimes. Ideas? Thoughts?

Image Image Image Image

github
Looks great can't wait to try it.
yeah looks good (code also Smile).

One small comment:
You don't need to include elementtree in your tree, you can set it as dependency in addon.xml:
Code:
<import addon="script.module.elementtree" version="1.2.7"/>

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
ty. didn't see that
Hi,

Is this addon still working in the latest XBMC? If not, is it still under development? Also, is there a way to get the actions list from XBMC (the list in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...slator.cpp), instead of having to put it in a python script inside the addon? That would make maintaining it a lot simpler I guess.

The reason I am asking this, is that I was looking for this kind of addon for my CEC-enabled remote. If it doesn't work anymore, and the developer has no plans to maintain it, I could fork and have a go at it. Good way to learn XBMC addon development, and python in general. This code looks very clean and would be a great starting point.

Greetings,
JeDi
I haven't left it.:) The plan is to clean up the gui a bit and then put it up to the repo. I just not sure when I'll have time yet because it still work, it just that the gui isn't the best.

I'm not really sure I understand what you're asking. Are you missing some actions? The addon works in stable Eden, but I have no intention maintaining a version for alpha builds of xbmc. When it's feature freeze and usable, the missing actions can be added no problem (if there even are any).
Thanks a lot, I will try if it runs on the current alpha (I use a Raspberry Pi, so there are no stable versions yet). The questions were just to understand the code better, I am just learning how to create XBMC addons.
First time seeing this and I'm currently having problems mapping buttons to functions. Does this work by selecting a function and clicking a key/button to map that command? I have tried the MCE remote plugin, but you have to manually type in the key (eg:Shiftlock) rather than pressing the key you want which doesn't work with a remote(without added work anyways).
I've tried this addon. But i cannot find the right item.

I want to edit my buttons for volume up and down for video and audio playback. But wich item must i edit?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Keymap config0