Audio cuts out with DTS-HD
I have several mkvs that I ripped with makemkv and compressed with handbrake. I have DTS-HD only track. I can watch the movie and it plays fine. My receiver only sees DTS (no HD as expected). But after about 30min or so the audio cuts out. XBMC quits sending an audio signal all together. I can no longer hear menu selections or anything. After a reboot all works fine. I have only noticed this on files with DTS-HD.

1) Do I need to alter a setting to prevent this?
2) When will nightlies start back up and will they include the HD codecs?

My mobo is ASUS AT3N7A-I (Ion 330HT)

Thanks for any help.
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
As it stands eden doesn't support HD audio, apparently it is coming.

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
I know that already. My question is though is it expected for audio to quit working when playing a movie with HD audio? After I stop the movie no sound works. Not in the menus or in a file with regular audio. The only way I can restore sound is by a reboot. My question is how to prevent this from happening.
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
any help?
Not sure it help you, but I had problem with one of the DTS-HD demo videos (.m2ts) cut out the sound at a certain point and then back again a few second later.
After update XBMCbuntu to 12.10 (developer version) the video was playing fine.
/Jan-Erik

XBMCbuntu Eden
Acer Aspire 3600, NVidia ION
Linux 3.0.0-24-generic (Now running stable without any freeze)
It does help I suppose. Do I have access to this?
Pick a ppa ob your choice...

Im on https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...mc-nightly
I had nearly the same problem...

Watching a film with DTS-HD...after half an hour the sound stops, but the movie is still playing.

Changing the language of the movie (in example from german to english and back again to german) I had sound again with no reboot.

I´m not sure If the DTS-HD sound causes the issue or if it is caused by the mkv or m2ts. But I don´t have a solution for this.

Greetings
(2012-04-30, 13:25)john.cord Wrote: Pick a ppa ob your choice...

Im on https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...mc-nightly

Ya, I have no clue as to which one to grab or how to install from there.
Some of those DTS-HD samples do have glitches.

The issue should not be related to the fact that it's a DTS-HD - it will be played as a normal DTS (as you know - only the core played). Guessing there's just a bad spot in the track if switching tracks worked.

And yes, if your hardware supports it HD audio is coming soon.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Mine are mkvs that I've ripped with MakeMKV then ran through Handbrake. It happens at a different point in the movie, depending on where I start the movie from. My problem all sounds stops working, even after I stop that movie and try to play something else. My receiver indicates that no audio signal is being received. No button presses, menu sounds, nothing. I have to reboot to get the receiver to recognize an audio signal. I suppose it could be a problem with my receiver, but it supports DTS-HD/TrueHD.
Can speak for all sounds since menu sounds didn't work for me until 11.1 (and I don't really care for them anyways).

Though on RC2, I did notice this type of behavior from time to time, I usually just stopped the video and restarted it (with resume feature obviously) and sounds came back.

Have not noticed this yet on openelec beta but haven't watch too much stuff yet.
(2012-05-04, 19:55)DDDamian Wrote: Some of those DTS-HD samples do have glitches.

The issue should not be related to the fact that it's a DTS-HD - it will be played as a normal DTS (as you know - only the core played). Guessing there's just a bad spot in the track if switching tracks worked.

And yes, if your hardware supports it HD audio is coming soon.

Mine are not samples. They are movies I ripped. They do play as DTS but after awhile all audio cuts out. I'll try switching movies, or listen for the typical menu sounds but my receiver no longer receives a signal. I have to reboot to restore sound.

However I have updated ubuntu to 12.04 and it seems that the problem is resolved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio cuts out with DTS-HD0