Windows XP XBOX 360 Help
Wow! Talk about overkill information. You guys are advanced. I'm a newbie. My son has an XBOX 360. I'm using a good Windows XP machine. I have installed XBMC because M$ not longer provides Media Center 2005 for XP. I suspect I am not the only one in this situation.

XBMC works on PC. XBOX can see and connect to PC.

My questions:

1) Is there simple HOW-TO instructions for configuring XBMC PC and XBOX? (I would think for us newbies, there would be a locked thread easy to find among this mess).

2) My problem seems to be that the XBOX does not see the XBMC music library that I believe I set up. XBMC has music Libraries that play on PC. Music on the XBOX is empty. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
M
What format is the music? Are they in FLAC?

From what I've read about streaming to the XBOX using uPNP from XBMC is that it is limited to formats that the XBOX supports since no transcoding is taking place.
No they are not FLAC. But I added some FLAC music with same result. No Artists, Songs ... show on the XBOX.

My 10 year old son made this work using Windows Media Center on another computer to stream TV, Music, etc..... He plays all his mp3 music. And Here I am a computer literate person trying to make the basic thing work on a XP machine.

Do I have to add something to the XBOX? The XBOX360 is new and standard (i.e. not hacked/rooted/jailed).

I'm using XBMC 11.0 Eden. Windows XP SP3.

There must be something basic that is missing? What is it?

Why would "remote control" threads be locked, but not basic configuration trouble shooting? I would think that Windows XP XBMC and XBOX 360 would be fairly common?

Thanks in advance.
OK, I get it. XBMC does not support XBOX. LOL, the joke is on me, I missed April 1 by 21 days. Back to my KISS AND WORKING world of software ....
You probably need to turn on the UPNP server in XBMC - Settings -> Network
UPNP was turned on. The XBOX 360 could "see" the computer, but could not see music library files.

I guess my basic question is does XBMC work with standard untouched Xbox 360?
To the best of my knowledge, it does not. The XB part of XBMC doesn't have anything to do with Xbox any longer.
You could try XBMC4XBOX: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

Then you could share your media using regular shares over the network. That would get around uPnP limitations, file format issues, etc. Basically, it's a back-ported version of XBMC that still runs on XBOX. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks promising.

Edit: Disregard this... I believe it only runs on the original XBOX, not the 360.
(2012-04-23, 15:07)OCMarkW Wrote: UPNP was turned on. The XBOX 360 could "see" the computer, but could not see music library files.

I guess my basic question is does XBMC work with standard untouched Xbox 360?

You're just trying to play/share the music from XBMC on the XBox 360, not have XBMC running on the XBox 360, correct? Forget those that are telling you to go to XBMC4XBOX which is for the orignial XBox.

The XBox needs to see XBMC, more than just the computer.

I think there may also be a setting to enable sharing of the music and video library that needs to be turn on. I personally do not have an XBox 360, but that is all I have to do to share my music on my PS3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows XP XBOX 360 Help0