deleting library
ok here goes. i had to do a system restore om my main pc which has my external hard drive (windows 7) my drive letter was i

now that i want to play a movie from my living room htpc the files are not there the library is. so i checked and my drive letter is now J for the external hard drive, i tried to change it but now i is not available. please help because idf i just choose j i will have all the duplicate shows and have to delete one by one
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Find out what is using the drive letter I: and change this to something else. Once you've done this you should be able to change the external disk back to I:.
(2012-04-23, 11:43)jhsrennie Wrote: Find out what is using the drive letter I: and change this to something else. Once you've done this you should be able to change the external disk back to I:.

thats the thing nothing is using that drive letter its hung up in my home network
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Perhaps it's possible that if you boot with the drive connected, it will get assigned 'I' or added after it's up... if that doesn't work. Musical chairs with Win drive letters has always been an issue.... If nothing is holding on to the letter, you should be able to change it... but it sounds like some part of the network is holding on tight to it. Your best alternative might be to export the library as a single file... using an editor on the export rename all the 'I' designations to what the drive is labeled as now.. (manually rename the drive letter to M: or something way down the alphabet) then re-import, you might need to change sources.xml in userdata folder too. I prefer to just re-scrape all the folders, and clean-up.... if you have in the past chosen to export as single files, all the needed data (whihc is already in each individual folder) will pop back in with proper paths in less than an hour for 2TB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
deleting library0