Scheduling for PseudoTV?
I found PseudoTV recently and I must say, this is potentially the best add-on I have. I have made a few custom channels, but I came up with a few questions on how to create better stations :

1.) Can I schedule programs or 'events' into my channels? In other words, can I set a schedule such as a certain show at a certain time every night, or friday in movie day etc? and if so how?

2.) Can I Do anything to balance my TV stations? If I want to include random episodes of say 4 TV shows on one channel, but one of those shows has more episodes than the other 3 combined, can I make the other shows a little more likely to show up in the rotation?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice
Anything?
Consider asking these questions in the PseudoTV thread.

Scheduling a show at a certain time is possible via the rules. Not sure on the balancing.
Yeah, I asked in that thread too, but it seems to be lost in sea of chatter. Gonna hang back and wait before I repost so as to not look like an arse. Hopefully I will get more info in the meantime,

I have been really playing with XBMC lately because I want to build my own HTPC and I want to make sure I've maxed out XBMC's potential before I make a final build. This is a lot of fun.
Hi dkplayaclub. You need to look into the Advanced Rules. There is a rule called Best Effort Scheduling that lets you schedule shows.
As for your second query - Using the interleaving rule, you could probably create a channel that only plays the show with lots of episodes, and another that only plays the other 3 shows. Add a "Do Not Play this Channel" rule to the first channel and Interleave it into the second channel with the frequency set as often as you'd like.

You can find more about rules etc in Milkmans guide.

Dave
Should have posted back earlier, but I did try your suggestion Daavid. It works really well. Best effort scheduling is a nice tool and the interleaving option makes it very nice. Thanks.
Daavid's advice is spot on.. I have a FOX8 channel which includes The Simpsons which at 500+ episodes way out balances all other shows. Create a playlist channel for the show and set to do not play channel.. i set my interleave frequency at min=5 & max=10.. works really well.

For an extra touch Best Effort Schedule a coming up next movie special bumper (if you can find one for your channel) and schedule that to play 1 minute before your feature..

I agree with you on the awesomeness of this plugin.. it took me about a solid week to get this running using milkmans setup as a guide and I'm still tinkering..

If you haven't already, a CatchupTV playlist channel is very useful for keeping up on all your faves.. i.e.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>TVCatchup</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="airdate" operator="inthelast">14</rule>
<order direction="ascending">airdate</order>
</smartplaylist>

Peace!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scheduling for PseudoTV?0