Movie List Verifiable?
I've looked around and I don't see it but am wondering if there is such a plug-in/add-on or if it's in any of the Skins or even XBMC itself..

I'm looking for a way to verify all the movie names.. For example..

I backed up and installed a movie and named the file the name of the movie that appeared on the case.. The movie is "Gone in 60 Seconds"
The small problem is "Gone in 60 Seconds" is the official name of the 1974 "Original" movie. - Listed here. - Gone in 60 Seconds

I went looking on XBMC Scapper and found the remade in year 2000. Official name is "Gone in Sixty Seconds"

This kind of prompted me to go though my movies... lots of movies.. Near 500 of them (I originally had a 400 disk DVD Carousel, but ran out of slots, my main reason to go to a Digital Media Center.)
I found I had left off some words in movies, such as "The" in "The Green Hornet" etc.

I am looking for a script, an plug-in/Add-on that gives me a list of all movies in my Library which do NOT one for one match the Official movie title from my chosen Scrapper? And give what it thinks the name should be.
Or if there is an "Auto Renaming" feature that will rename the file according to the Official name of the movie once you've found the correct one?
I don't think I recall a plug-in or add-on that will do what you want... But if you have a look at a program caled theRenamer http://www.therenamer.com/ it will look after your renaming needs quickly, but you might get some of those '60' seconds vs. sixty second issues... not too many programs are that smart.
Hello Despotism,

Ember Media Manager has a batch rename feature that can do this, you can even use it to append other information, for example, I recently used it to rename all my movie folder names to append the year the movie was made. It even has a preview mode to show you what the names will be changed too, prior to actually making the changes.

http://ember.purplepig.net/

Thank you
I loaded PatK's first and it did a LOT renamed a lot so thank you very much PatK.

GuyOhPhone - That is one damn nice app.. Without a doubt a MUST have for large collections.

The Renamer did a great job finding names.. almost.. For some reason it kept pulling one "Source" movie name and despite the name of the file it would want to rename it to all the same movie.. Don't know why I just told it to skip over it and it's 20 or so movies it tagged.

Ember on the other hand is probably way more powerful than what I needed it to do, but did more then I was expecting.. I had a about 40 movies in a folder for my kids to watch, their favorites etc. It tossed them into their own folders, gave them all .nfo files, grabs all the posters, fan art and everything needed etc.

Both of you thank you very much, it was indeed very helpful. However I have to go with Ember on this one it's simply way to good and I'm an anal retentive prick who likes organization, something I'm sure the creator if Ember can agree on considering there is nothing I had thought of that Ember doesn't do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie List Verifiable?0