• 28(current)
Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]
Put it on a flash drive, and still couldn't change the permissions. Also tried root explorer. Might have found the answer though

http://technofaq.org/posts/2014/04/fixin...id-kitkat/
I actually figured it out

edited system/etc/permissions/platform.xml with root explorer, and added this

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

Edit:
I have no idea what is going on. After I got Crunchyroll;xbmc running stickmount stopped working. I totally lost the ability to mount external drives. I even tried manually mounting using busybox. The only way to get external storage back was to formate the sdcard partition, but that meant I had to reinstall all my apps, and Crunchyroll;xbmc no longer worked. I tried adding the same lines to platform.xml, but that didn't work. It seems like if I mess around with platform.xml enough it breaks the file permission, but that breaks external storage. I did it again, but I had to add a bunch of lines to platform.xml, and the same results.

So I have no idea how I got it working, but it breaks stuff when I do.
Tried path substitution to usb flash drive. Only the settings.xml moved to the flash drive. The rest stayed in their regular location. Which sucks because the permissions the one file that did make it, are awesome. Any idea why only that one file made it and not the others. This is the advancedsettings file that I used

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
<to>/sdcard/usbStorage/sda1/addon_data/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
(2014-10-19, 00:02)giantjoebot Wrote: Tried path substitution to usb flash drive. Only the settings.xml moved to the flash drive. The rest stayed in their regular location. Which sucks because the permissions the one file that did make it, are awesome. Any idea why only that one file made it and not the others. This is the advancedsettings file that I used

OK, so I just posted an UNTESTED alpha for a new build with a fallover state for devices which can't write to the save location.
Crunchy;XBMC 2.1.1 ALPHA

I have been sitting on this build for a week, but just haven't gotten time to test it.
When I say I haven't tested it, I mean, I don't even know if it builds.

What it *should* do is if the plugin errors due to an inability to write to the userdata folder, then it will save the important stuff in hidden variables in your settings. I don't even know if this is going to work, but feel free to give it a go.
This build is not for the faint of heart.
XBMC user since before that Music db hack.
Now with his 2nd DMCA Takedown
Thank you so much. I'll give it a try

Edit:
Didn't work

But thank you so much for trying to help. I really appreciate it.
I am receiving an error message in gotham 13.3 it says script error. What could be?
Hey Yoshi, first time posting, thanks for this plug-in it sounds baus! Anyways, I'm running the latest open elec (4.2.1), not sure which XBMC, 13.2? After installing the plug-in (I have a trial premium membership with crunchy roll) I successfully got up to the "Anime" menu but then all the options fail (e.g. genres, alphabetical, etc.). Here's a pastebin of what I believed to be the relevant part of the error logs -> http://pastebin.com/5wDGxL9U , lemme know if you have any idea what could be wrong. Also, extra points for the code being Python Smile
Sorry for very lame post and very off topic post but could someone PM me a guess pass for CR?
PSA

Code:
For the past two years Crunchyroll has posted a Black Friday deal of a One Year All Access Pass for a discount of $30-40.
Last year is was $79.95 for 1 year (360 days) of All Access Membership + $15 CS Store Gift Card
Last year they also offered the Anime pass for $49.99. (I Think)

This is on top of the savings you get by buying a year in advanced.
Anime -> $59.99/year vs $6.95/month * 12 months
All Access -> $99.99/year vs $11.95/month * 12 months.

...or not...

PSA #2
I used my Gift Card on a PS3 game MYSTERY bundle
DON'T BUY THOSE, THE MYSTERY IS WHO WOULD PLAY THAT CRAP.

Oh yea...

(2014-11-07, 06:32)ST4RL Wrote: Sorry for very lame post and very off topic post but could someone PM me a guess pass for CR?

Code:
SVMDS34YJCH (Exp 01/28/15)
TULQGXD4GNM (Exp 02/27/15)

(2014-11-03, 11:57)zzguy Wrote: Hey Yoshi, first time posting, thanks for this plug-in it sounds baus! Anyways, I'm running the latest open elec (4.2.1), not sure which XBMC, 13.2? After installing the plug-in (I have a trial premium membership with crunchy roll) I successfully got up to the "Anime" menu but then all the options fail (e.g. genres, alphabetical, etc.). Here's a pastebin of what I believed to be the relevant part of the error logs -> http://pastebin.com/5wDGxL9U , lemme know if you have any idea what could be wrong. Also, extra points for the code being Python Smile

So that means it failed where it always fails on Android, when it tries to load the data file.
This is almost always because it doesn't have some access to the xbmc data directory.
No, I don't know why it wouldn't have 777 rights to it's own folder.
I am looking at 2.1.1 that should fix this, maybe.

And FYI: except for the DVR plugins, which are some of the hardest plugins, if not the hardest, all the plugins are in python.
Was wondering... there is some way to largelly increase buffer size? Streamming just keeps buffering because of the really good servers crunchyroll have. The advancedsettings.xml seens to not work here...

THX!
Hi ,
I am new to all this stuff, I have xbmc on my laptop, can some body tell me what Crunchyroll;xbmc is??

and how can I get it. any help would be mostly appreciated.....
Is this add-on still working since the Kodi RC3 release?
I have yet to test with Kodi, but I don't see why it wouldn't work
Any news about the devices who presents error on permissions?
Does this work on Raspberry Pi's? I've been eying a Crunchyroll account for some time but wanted to confirm it works before paying for an account.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]5